35 | Weirdo

Having dinner together as a family is a new thing for us now, ever since Val and Nate have been with us they've bought us all closer

We never use to eat breakfast or dinner as a family, dad and the older brothers would leave to their office or leave to go to our warehouses to check on things.

Dom would always be in the gym and Gio would be in his room doing whatever it is that he does in there, Probably wanking to some porn, I think to myself.

I would either leave late at night and go to the local underground fight club or come back early hours of the morning all bruised and shit from fights. I still haven't told my family that I participate in them, I know they'd never agree but I enjoy fighting it's something I'm passionate about.

But since Val has been back, Dom is barely in the gym, Gio isn't in his room as much anymore and I haven't been to the club for a while now. Even dad and our older brothers have been home more, it's strange but it's a good strange.

For that I'm thankful for this change, I mean as we sit here now around the dinner table talking about anything and everything it feels like home, it feels like we're a family again.

"I contacted everyone, they're flying out tomorrow and they'll be staying with us. I've got them all up to speed about Viktor and our plan to lure and trap him at the ball —" dad announces, "your grandfather Stefano threatened to put me six feet under when he lands but he'll cool down once he sees Val in person," he finishes, sighing rubbing his temples.

"I like him already," Val comments, chuckling.

We all gape at her like she's grown two fucking heads, she won't be saying that when she finally meets him. There's a reason our father and uncles are scared of him, he takes no shit from anyone.

He's never done anything to us grandkids but I wouldn't put it past him. It got worse when Grandma  Lucia passed away, he was never the same after that.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket, I fish it out and find Val's name on the screen, I look up and see her already staring at me, grinning like a maniac.

Weirdo.

I open the message from her,

Val👽: there's a fight tonite, me n nate wanna watch u fight.

Rome👊🏽: fuck no.

Val👽: too bad already reached out 2 ur manager. its booked, if u don't show ur a pussy 😽

Rome👊🏽: fuck fine. meet in my room at 11pm we'll sneak out.

I turn my phone off and put it in my pocket and continue eating, fuck me, how did she find out about me fighting? I shouldn't be surprised she knows everything about us. It's been a while since I've been in the ring.