56 | Little Brother

"Would you like to dance?" A deep voice says beside us, I turn and see the last person I wanted to see

"Would you like to dance?" A deep voice says beside us, I turn and see the last person I wanted to see. Motherfucker left us and now he's back all of sudden, I don't know what he's playing at.

"I'd love to, this is one of my favorite songs," Val says and I gape at her, as she slides her hand into his and they walk downstairs together, 'All Mine by Kanye West' is playing in the club.

A/N — the song is above if you want to listen to it.

My eyes follow their every move, I walk over to the balcony overlooking the dance floor and spot them weave through people onto the dance floor.

I watch as she puts her hand on his chest and she starts grinding her ass on him, he moves his hands to her waist and grinds with her. She looks up and spots me watching, her eyes close as she feels herself and moves her body to the rhythm of the song.

She opens her eyes again and our eyes connect, she then winks at me before turning to face him again.

I'm going to kill this asshole.

They keep dancing and grinding on each other, laughing and smiling once in a while. When the song ends they come back upstairs and I move back to the booth I was sitting at previously.

Val kisses his cheek and he departs heading towards his booth but not before winking at me, causing my fists to clench and my teeth to grind.

"What's wrong?" Val asks oblivious to the tension between him and me, "he's invited us to his booth, come on," she says grabbing my hand once again and dragging us over there.

I thought this would be the time I could get to know her but no I'm being cock blocked, like seriously? I'm seriously going to murder him when we leave.

"Nice of you both to join us," he mutters, sipping on his drink.

"Thanks for inviting us over, this guy beside me is Alec. You already know that though, don't you Dimitri?" Val muses, my head snaps in her direction and my eyes widen.

She knows — of course, she knows — she knows everything —

I avert my gaze to Dimitri who has a shit-eating grin on his face, "little brother," he nods in greeting.

I ignore him and don't even bother greeting the asshole, he dared to leave us after our mother died. Dad had been training him to be Don since he was twelve, dad had spent so much time preparing him but then our mother passed away when he was eighteen and I was twelve.

He left us saying he couldn't do it anymore and never came back, never contacted us since he left. Our father hasn't forgiven him and neither have I, but I will at least give him the benefit of the doubt and hear him out.

"YA prosto obozhayu semeynyye vstrechi!" Val exclaims loudly clapping excitedly.

(I love family reunions!)

Turning to Val I ask her to question I've been dying to ask, "How'd you know about Dimitri, and what's your connection to him apart from grinding all over him?" I may have a bit of bitterness in my tone, but who wouldn't when the girl you like was grinding on your older brother a couple of minutes ago?

"Who'd you think my informant was that I have in with Viktor? I've done plenty of research about the Petrov's and your family tree," she smirks.

"How exactly did you both even meet?" I wonder out loud.

They both look at each other, then look at me. I look to Valentina for an answer but it's Dimitri who answers me, "We met at Viper, Carlos's club. I heard Diavola was fighting there and I had to see her, I needed her help with our uncle Viktor. Little did I know he was after her as well, he just doesn't know Valentina and Diavola are the same people." He shrugs.

"What do you mean need help with our uncle?"

"The reason I left I never told you or our father, it was because Viktor was threatening me. He has someone I love and I need to get them back." He murmurs.

What is he talking about? Someone he loves? Is it a girl? A wife? Why didn't he tell us? So many questions, I need answers.

"YA znayu, chto u tebya yest' voprosy, mladshiy brat, no u menya seychas nedostatochno vremeni. Mne nuzhno vernut'sya, prezhde chem Viktor zametit, chto ya ushel." Dimitri rushes out looking around the club.

(I know you have questions little brother but I don't have enough time right now. I need to go back before Viktor notices I'm gone)

"U menya yest' fayl, kotoryy ty khotel lyubit', ty znayesh', kak svyazat'sya, yesli ya snova ponadoblyus' tebe." He continues, grabbing a file out from inside his suit blazer, handing Val the file.

(I have the file you wanted love, you know how to contact if you need me)

She takes the file and stands up from the booth, I notice Rafael walk towards us with Santiago behind him. She hands him the file and whispers something in his ear and then both men leave.

She says goodbye to my brother before grabbing my hand and leading us out of the club where she has parked her car. We both get in and buckle up before she speeds off, weaving in and out of cars like a maniac.

"Are you going to tell Ivan?" Val quizzes, sneaking a glance at me before diverting her eyes back onto the road.

"I guess dad should probably know that his son is working for you, I still can't believe you both know each other," I snap at her, she's kept this from us but then again we kept Dimitri's existence away from her as well. I shouldn't be snapping at her, I'm just annoyed with this entire situation.

"Have you and my brother — you know?" I ask shifting uncomfortably in my seat looking out the window.

"Have we what? Slept together or hooked up?" She asks nonchalantly.

"Yeah.." I whisper.

"No, never. I will admit you Petrov men have good genes, Dimitri is attractive but he's not my type. You're more my type than him." She chuckles.

Oh, thank god.