85 | Goodbye

I honestly don't know why I'm still here at the Rossi residents, they offered me a room and I was too tired to refuse

I honestly don't know why I'm still here at the Rossi residents, they offered me a room and I was too tired to refuse. As I lay here in bed, I think of what my father would say if he found out I was sleeping here.

He's never really been a fan of the Italians but he knows what they're all capable of when we heard that the Italian Princess returned my father wanted to strike a deal with them but I refused instantly.

I'm not marrying into another family to gain an allegiance, I rather not be involved in that shit. Don't get me wrong Valentina seems like wifey material but again I don't want to involve myself with her like that. She seems very happy with Messiah, I'm not going to be that guy that interferes.

It's just a crush... I tell myself.

Besides, she seems like she'd be fun to be friends with. I rather do that right now. I still have to talk to Luciano about some deals and working together, I was just too tired last night to even consider bringing up business.

Getting up out of bed, I get changed and leave the room. I walk downstairs and find all her family sitting together laughing and joking around. They all seem so close, although I heard they only just found out they were even related to the Gonzàlez family.

This is something I'm not used to, our family never eats together. It's hard enough to get any of us in the same room, my parents are rarely home and they leave me to do whatever I want. They never really cared about me, I was only born because my father needed an heir to our mafia since he's the oldest.

The only thing my father cares about is maintaining the mafia and keeping on top of business. So standing here at the doorway looking at her family together, hits me hard. I wish I had something like this, a family.

"Are you okay?" A small voice says behind me, making me jump a little in surprise.

I spin around and Valentina is standing there, a hand to her mouth trying to stop herself from laughing, "I'm good." I nervously chuckle.

"You stayed the night?" She asks, tilting her head to the side, looking at me curiously.

"I did." I stiffly nod, rocking back and forth on my heels.

Messiah walks up behind Valentina and wraps his arms around her, narrowing his eyes at me.

I don't think he likes me very much.

"Is that you Val?" Someone shouts from the dining room.

"Coming!" She yells back, Messiah whispers something in her ear causing her eyes to widen, she spins around fast and slaps his chest, causing him to smirk at her.

Not sticking around and third-wheeling I leave them to it and walk into the dining room, everyone stops what they're doing and openly stares at me, making me a little uncomfortable.