34 | Love

After my much-needed cold shower, I head downstairs to see what my brothers are doing

After my much-needed cold shower, I head downstairs to see what my brothers are doing. Making my way to the living area I hear multiple voices talking but as soon as I make my presence known their conversation stops.

Dad and Luc look like they've been caught doing something they shouldn't. Nic and Vince look worried and sympathetic, Dom, Rome, and Gio look like someone pissed in their Cheerios and Nate look like his normal self, relaxed.

They've been talking about me.

I squeeze on the couch between Dom and Gio, resting my legs on Gio's lap while I lay my head on Dom's lap, looking up at the ceiling. No one says anything we're all sitting or in my case laying here in silence, then I feel Dom playing with my hair who looks lost in thought scowling.

I have to just come out and say what I've been thinking for the past few days now, I know they'll never agree. It's the only way to go about this, and at least this way I know it'll be on my terms, not his.

"I want to use myself as bait to lure Viktor out, I've been thinking about this for a while now. I don't want anyone else to get taken or hurt when I'm the one he wants." I say to no one in particular.

The deafening silence intensifies as no one speaks. I know they're all worried about me, but they don't need to be. I can look after myself, I know they know that as well.

"I agree with the idea Bambina, we thought of the same idea and have come up with a plan," Luc says breaking the silence.

"Okay, lay it on me," I mutter closing my eyes as Dom continues to play with my hair.

"We're going to announce your arrival with a mafia ball, all our family will be attending as well as our allies," dad informs.

"Great idea, except I'll have more people to worry about. I know he wants me, but he might take someone else I love —" sighing as I began to relax even more, "have you ever thought of becoming a masseur?" I whisper to Dom who chuckles at me.

"We'll inform the family of what's going on, your grandfather won't be happy with this but that's the least of our concerns. Everyone will be safe Bambina, including you. Messiah and Felix will be with you the whole time as well as your brothers," dad replies but I still detect the worry in his voice.

"Sweetcheeks?" I call out.

"Yeah Love?" Nate replies.

"What do you think?" I question, he's my best friend and he always has my best interests at heart. I know my family does too but I've been through a lot with Nate, he's my ride or die.

"I'll be with you every step of the way, whatever you decide I'll support. It's dangerous though Val, he could take you or someone you love as you said but what other option do we have? We can't find him."

Good point.

"What's Nonno like?" I feel both Dom and Gio tense under me after asking about our grandfather.