69 | Respect

After Val finished up in the music room, all of us 'kids' they call us moved into the games room

After Val finished up in the music room, all of us 'kids' they call us moved into the games room. While our aunts all went downstairs to prepare dinner for everyone and our uncles, older cousins and older brothers went to the conference room.

I can't believe we're related to this family, I had no idea our mother was hiding something like this. I look back and now know I never really knew anything about her or who she was, I don't think any of us do.

I can tell all this is eating up our father inside, he was clueless. He didn't even know the woman he loved wasn't who she said she was, which hurts him the most.

"So —" I say glancing at Val who raises a brow at me, "you kissed Messiah in front of everyone."

She sighs, "Yeah, I kind of forgot that you all were around at that moment. It's out now, I don't have to hide it and I don't care if anyone disapproves. We haven't even been able to talk about it, I just can't catch a fucking break."

It's true though, one thing seems to happen after another. We solve one problem and ten more pop up, we just want to go back to our fucking lives.

"What's up with you and that Gabriel guy?" Dom grumbles.

"I sort of slept with Gabe and we were sort of on and off, ya know friends with benefits sort of thing—" She mumbles, "but that's all it was, we both agreed. There's nothing there between us, he's just a cocky asshole."

She's got that right, you can tell he's cocky just looking at him. I'd be careful if I was him, she's surrounded by men who care about her and wouldn't let anyone hurt her. Plus there's Messiah as well who is obviously in love with our sister, he'd kill the kid too.

"I got it.." Val exclaims standing up, looking at us, "I have a plan."

She hurriedly leaves the room, the rest of us scrambling to catch up to her. She barges into the conference room, scaring the shit out of everyone in here. Some men we don't recognize are in here as well, most likely their men.

"Why is there a child barging in here?" A man seethes, causing everyone in the room to grow silent and stare at him in disbelief.

"A child?" Val chuckles humorously, she clicks her tongue before looking towards Alejandro who nods stiffly at her.

The guy's head hits the table, blood pooling under him. We all look at Val who's smirking at the dead guy, "sorry not sorry," she shrugs putting her gun away.

She walks in a sits in between Alejandro and Stefano, "I have a plan, I'm going to contact Viktor and we're going to do an exchange."

"Exchange?" Diego asks.

"Mmhm, I'm going to exchange myself for them. We will decide on a meet-up location and do the exchange, except we're going to ambush him." She smiles proudly.