40 | What Are We?

Sifting through the cupboard for some snacks, I find the popcorn and chocolate

Sifting through the cupboard for some snacks, I find the popcorn and chocolate. Grabbing it all I make my way upstairs to the movie room where Messiah and Gianni are waiting for me.

I halt at the door when I see them both signing to each other, smiles adorning their faces. Gianni is sitting on Mez's lap concentrating on his hands, all of a sudden Gianni starts laughing.

Daddy material.

I clear my throat gaining Mez's attention his head snaps in my direction and I smile at him walking in with snacks in my hands. Gianni's face lights up when he sees the food and jumps off Mez running up to me, snatching the chocolate from my hand.

I walk over to where they're sitting and Mez pats the spot next to him, I raise an eyebrow to which he just shrugs. I sit next to him and tuck my legs under me and lean into him, I feel him stiffen and a smirk creeps on my face. Mez stretches his arm out behind me on the couch trying to play it cool.

Smooth, real smooth.

D I A V O L A

Valentina shifts closer to me, her body warmth suffocating me

Valentina shifts closer to me, her body warmth suffocating me. My arm is around her resting on the couch, I tried hard to play it cool but I think she noticed. I'm so tempted to just pull her closer but I don't want to freak her out.

I don't know what she's doing to me, it's like I'm a prepubescent teenager again who's too nervous around their crush. I don't know if I'd call it a crush, but I do feel like there is something between us.

As much as it is forbidden given our age gap and her being seventeen, I do want to see where this goes between us. I'm not going to deny that there is sexual tension between us and I think she feels it too, but deep down I know it's more than just sexual tension.

I know for a fact her family would never approve of our relationship if were to ever have one. Do I care though? Not really.

Maybe I should take it very slowly with her and talk to her more, maybe I'm overthinking everything and she doesn't even feel the same way.

I've never felt like this about anyone before, I've always been scared to let anyone in. My father left my mother and me when I was five and when my mother passed away, I was never the same happy person.

One thing I've noticed is that I'm always smiling now, especially when she's around. She just has that thing about her that makes people smile, it's infectious.

I feel little Gianni beside me fall limp on my arm, I look down and see his eyes closed, and his mouth is slightly parted.

"He's asleep isn't he?" Val whispers beside me, I nod my head still looking at the sleeping kid.

Val shifts beside me and gets up, she scoops Gianni up and walks out of the movie room, I get up and follow them.

We walk to the room he's staying in, I open the door for her and she whispers, thank you. She gently lays him down in his bed and pulls the covers him and kisses his forehead smiling down at him. She'd be an amazing mother one day.

Valentina stands up, "want to continue our movie night? We don't want to waste your night off."

'Sure, I don't have anything better to do.' I sign.

We both head back to the movie room, I take up my previous spot and get comfy. Valentina walks over to a cupboard and grabs a blanket and jumps on the couch but this time she lays her head on my lap.

She picks a horror movie which I'm surprised about but doesn't comment. As the movie plays we sit in comfortable silence until a hear a small moan.

Raising my brows I look down at her on my lap realizing I've been absentmindedly raking my fingers through her hair. Hesitantly I remove my hand.

"Please don't stop Mez," she whispers staring at the tv screen. I rake my fingers through her raven locks again and she sighs content. It baffles me how cozy we are with each other.

I've never had feelings for someone before, this feeling is new to me. She is honestly just an amazing person, she has so much love to offer everyone. She's funny, sassy, outgoing, and feisty it's what I like about her.

"Valentina —" I whisper. She hums in response her eyes closed, I continue, "I like you."

She chuckles, "I like you too Messiah."

But what are we?