58 | Suspicious

"We have some news!" Our grandfather exclaims, gaining everyone's attention

"We have some news!" Our grandfather exclaims, gaining everyone's attention. It better be some good fucking news we could use some right about now.

"We've decided we are going to be staying in America for a while, we're going to help with Viktor. I've talked to all your uncles and they've agreed to stay as well." He announces.

"No! No way, it's too dangerous," Val reasons with them.

"You have no choice nipotina." He says sternly.

(Granddaughter)

She sighs and rubs her hand down her face in frustration. She needs to understand we're a family we will always look out for each other, she stuck with everyone whether she likes it or not.

I know she feels responsible for everyone, and she doesn't want to feel responsible if anyone gets hurt. We all just don't want to lose her again, it would break us all.

"Fine —" she grumbles, causing smiles to appear on everyone's faces, "Nate and Andrè are coming back, my hideout isn't big enough for us all."

"I think I can help with that," Marcus cuts in.

Carlos and Marcus have been welcomed into our family, I was a bit skeptical about them but they have proved to us that they love Val and Nate like their own kin.

I know dad gets a little jealous sometimes when Val and Carlos walk off together, happy and laughing in each other's presence. Though I think he knows deep down he doesn't have to be jealous.

"I have a property here that I use to use for our assassins, it's a large mansion. We had a large group of them live together there while they did jobs, it's got enough rooms for everyone," Marcus explains.

"Perfect, we'll contact our men and organize security," Luciano says with authority, leaving the room to make some calls.

"Everyone pack your things and get ready to move out. We'll organize transport as well," dad finishes, leaving the room as well.

I get up from the couch but a tight grip on my wrist stops me from leaving, frowning I look down and see Val's hand on my wrist.

"Dom, I need your help along with Rome and Gio," she says looking around the room noticing we're the only ones left in here.

I nod for her to continue to explain what she needs help with, she gets up off the couch and drags me upstairs into her room. She pushes me inside before closing the door and leaving, leaving me baffled.

A couple of minutes later she enters with Rome and Gio who look confused, she motions for us to follow her over to the bed where something is laid out on the bed.

I hesitantly walk up to it and notice its blueprints of a warehouse, I notice that it's marked with different colors as well.

"I found Viktor," she blurts out, causing all our eyes to widen.

"What the fuck are we waiting for?" I snap.

"Hold ya fucking horses Dom, I have a plan," she snaps back at me, narrowing her eyes into slits.

D I A V O L A

Ever since our grandfather Stefano announced that our family is staying in America, our younger siblings have been acting suspiciously

Ever since our grandfather Stefano announced that our family is staying in America, our younger siblings have been acting suspiciously. If I know any better, Val is hiding something or planning something without us knowing.

I know it's not a trust thing, she's just worried about all our safety but she shouldn't have to. She's only a teenager, we should be the ones to worry not her. It's like she's carrying us all on her shoulders, we want to only help not be a burden.

There's a knock at the door and Val runs down the stairs with a huge smile on her face which can only mean one thing.

"SWEETCHEEKS!" Val screams and tackles Nate to the ground as we all watched amused with Nate grunting in pain but still manages to smile at her.

The bond they have is like no other, it's like they're soul mates. They were meant to find each other when they were little and they were meant to stay together.

"I'm so happy your back," she says pecking his face with kisses, making him laugh.

I notice in the corner of my eye Alec frowning at them and Messiah is beside him frowning also, I wonder what the hell that's about.

"Glad to be back love, can you let me up now?" Nate breathes out.

"Oh —" She says getting up off Nate and dusting herself off, only then does she notice Andrè beside them and her body goes rigid, "Andrè..." she whispers.

He walks straight past her ignoring her and walking inside heading up the stairs, causing Nate's brows to scrunch up and Val to sigh in defeat.

"I'm sorry love, I don't know what that was about." Nate sighs rubbing his temples.

Now that I look at him, like really look at him, he looks utterly exhausted. I don't think he's been sleeping properly, especially since I can see large dark circles under his eyes.

"It's fine —" she waves him off, "why don't you head upstairs and get some rest I'm sure you both can use some." She smiles at him, moving to the side to let him in.

He does just that after giving her a quick kiss on the cheek. Val turns around to see all of us curiously watching their exchange that had just happened, she blows out a breath, "let them rest for a bit before we make a move to the new place." With that, she walks off.

"I think if anyone needs sleep it's her," our cousin Antonio says watching her retreating, I absentmindedly nod agreeing.

"Have you noticed something off about your younger siblings?" Salvatore another cousin questions.

"Yeah.." Vince and I say in unison.

"They're up to something and we're going to find out what," a voice says behind us, we turn and see Luciano who looks deep in thought.

Whatever they're hiding, we'll find out.