17 | Perfect Blackmail

"Your security has doubled since I was last here," I note following Gio to the theatre room

"Your security has doubled since I was last here," I note following Gio to the theatre room. Halting his steps he turns to face me, "since Val came back, Luc and dad want her to be safe since Viktor is still out there."

I give him a look of understanding, if it was my sister I would have done the same. He continues his movements to the theatre room, he flicks on a movie for us to watch and we get comfortable.

Forty minutes into the movie I hear someone playing the piano, I glance at Gio and he has a knowing smile on his face. He swiftly gets up and I follow, the piano playing getting louder as we near the library.

Entering the library we see Valentina playing the piano with elegance, face scrunched up in deep concentration. I recognize the piece, Für Elise by Beethoven. My mother use to play this to my sister and me before she passed away, god I miss her.

We sit on one of the sofas occupying the room quietly, trying not to disturb her playing. I sneak a glance at Gio and see him looking at his sister in complete admiration and awe. I catch a slight movement from the other side of the room and see Messiah standing there, holy shit has he been here the whole time? I didn't even see or hear him.

Messiah is staring at her with an unreadable emotion, he must sense me staring at him because his eyes then connect with mine and they widen slightly before he diverts his attention to the ground.

Strange.

The piece is coming to the end, her hair falling in front of her face, her body swaying a little with the rhythm. When she's finished she hums, "Did you know that Beethoven wrote this piece for a student of his that he fell in love with?"

I shake my head no, even though she can't see me. She continues, "she was a beginner and he was teaching her so he created this piece making it easy for her to learn. Then when it was half completed he found out she was engaged, he was heartbroken, he finished the piece and made it so she couldn't play it."

She snorts, "wish I could be that fucking petty, dude is a legend —" she turns around to face us, "can either of you play?"

"Nope." Gio says popping the 'p'. I shake my head no, not willing myself to speak as her intense stare bores into my soul.

Bobbing her head in acknowledgment she turns around to the piano again, I decided to finally speak up, "is it only classical you play?" I quiz her, intrigued.

She laughs and starts playing another piece, mine and Gio's ears perk up as we both recognize it, Still Dre by Dr. Dre. Gio has a grin from ear to ear, watching intently whilst a small smile tugs at my lips.

A/N — The first piano piece is at the top and below this note is a video of the second piano piece they will be there for you to enjoy.