36 | Oh Shit

My eyes flutter open and I look around and notice I'm in my room, snuggled up in bed

My eyes flutter open and I look around and notice I'm in my room, snuggled up in bed. Last night Rome's fight was amazing, he knocked his opponent out ten minutes in. Nate and I were impressed, he promised to invite us to watch another fight in the future.

I threatened Mez and Felix not to spill the beans about us sneaking out and about what Rome does, it's his secret he wants to keep. I respect that.

Sitting up in bed, I grab my phone from my bedside table and groan when I see it's 11:00 am, I slept it longer than I was meant to.

The rest of our family is meant to be arriving today, I'm not nervous at all. I thought I would be, but what do I have to be nervous about?

I'm Valentina fucking Rossi.

Getting out of bed I make my way to my closet in search of an outfit, skimming through my racks I find something, laying them on the table I leave to have a shower and brush my teeth.

Once done, I wrap my towel around me and blow dry my hair and brush it into a low bun, I quickly brush my teeth and leave to go to my closet. I change into my outfit.

「 A/N — Valentina's outfit

A/N — Valentina's outfit.

I apply minimal makeup and spritz some perfume on, leaving my closet I head out of my room. I greet Messiah and Felix who look dapper in their suits as always. My eyes linger on Mez a little longer and he notices, a smile tugs at his lips. I roll my eyes before heading to the stairs.

I run into Nate on the way who looks like a snack as well, "you ready to meet your family today?" He asks hooking his arm with mine, I scoff at him, "the question is are they ready to meet me?" He shakes his head chuckling.

We advance towards where we can hear a lot of voices in the living area, we stand at the entryway where I there's a shit tonne of people sitting around talking.

Dad spots us first and breaks away from his conversation, coming up to us. Everyone in the room goes silent, watching dad approach us.