41 | Grateful

I'm not a morning person, I'm lying here in bed staring at the ceiling thinking about how my life has changed so much ever since I met Valentina

I've been welcomed into a loving family with open arms, I knew from the moment I saw Val in the orphanage we were going to be together forever. Lorenzo told me yesterday the papers were finalized and I'm officially adopted by him.

I couldn't be more grateful for this family. I went from having parents who couldn't give a shit about me to a family who treats me like I'm one of them.

A knocking sound comes from my door and Dom peers his head around the door spotting me in bed, "Nate, have you seen Val? She wasn't in her room, everyone is downstairs ready for breakfast."

I shake my head no before reluctantly getting out of bed. He nods and leaves me to get ready. I head to my closet and grab some clothes heading to the bathroom.

Once I'm ready, I leave my room and head in the direction of the movie room since she was having a movie night last night with Gianni and Messiah.

Opening the door, my eyes go wide when I see Val and Messiah cuddling on the couch. I slowly approach them trying not to startle them, I softly nudge her.

"Val," I whisper.

Her eyes blink open and she groans before sitting up, she looks around the room confused before her eyes land on the body next to her.

Messiah is still fast asleep with his arm draped across her waist, she gently moves his arm and slides off the couch.

"Everyone is waiting downstairs for you, your lucky your brothers didn't find you in here with him," I hiss at her.

She should know better.

She shakes Messiah and he jolts up off the couch with his hand to his waist, I'm guessing he has his gun there, he looks panicked till he sees Val and me standing there.

"Go freshen up Mez, I'll see you when you're done." She says leaving the room.

Messiah and I watch her as she leaves, I turn around to face him, 'what's going on between you two?' I sign, in case someone overhears us.

He frowns at me confused, 'nothing, we just fell asleep," he signs back to me.

I scoff, 'cuddling together? Look she's my best friend, just don't hurt her, or I'll kill you.' I sign before leaving him standing there gaping at me.

Walking downstairs swiftly I enter the dining room to find all of Val's or should I say our family sitting there talking and laughing. I take an empty seat next to Gio grabbing a plate and filling it up.

"Did you find her?" Dom asks raising a brow curiously. I nod my head and hum in response.

I am not telling them with who though, her brothers will lose their shit.