08 | New York, New York

The flight to New York was boring, I just slept the whole time

The flight to New York was boring, I just slept the whole time. Val and I finally arrive at the hotel we will be staying at. No, we don't own this hotel, this isn't one of those cliche Wattpad stories.

Once we're checked in, we ride the elevator to the top floor. Val is always the extra bitch and books out the penthouse suite. I mean if you've got money why not spend it right. We earn our money from winning fights at Viper or completing missions. Both of us are in high demand in both jobs.

Before Val and I split up to head to bed, I gently grab her arm and pull her back to me, wrapping my arms around her shoulders, hugging her. I hear her give a small sigh of content.

I know she's worried about seeing them again, but she has nothing to worry about.

I push her back so I can see her face, it's a little puffy from crying earlier and her eyes are a little bloodshot. I kiss her forehead, "Goodnight Love, you know where I am if you need me." She murmurs a good night in reply, retreating to her room.

D I A V O L A

Hearing knocking on my door I know it's Val, waking me up. Sitting up and looking for my phone on the bedside table, I check the time it's 7:00 am. Groggily, I get up and make my way to the shower.

Relishing in the hot water, I scrub all my doubts away. What doubts may you ask? Well...

What if Val reunites with her brothers and forgets about me?

What if Viktor kills her while she's with her family?

Will her family accept me?

What if they don't want me in her life?

All these unnecessary doubts in my head. Grunting I turn off the shower and grab a towel, I dry myself and get changed.

Heading out of my room, I stroll towards the kitchen where I can smell bacon cooking. Finally, I get there and I can see Val cooking us breakfast humming to herself. I don't think she notices me in the doorway yet. She eventually turns around and spots me letting out a small yelp.

I chuckle, "Morning Love, smells good in here."

She puts the pan down, coming towards me, she lays a gentle kiss on my cheek, "Good Morning sweet cheeks," she giggles.

I roll my eyes, I secretly love the nickname but don't tell Val that.

She heads back over to the stove and starts dishing out two plates of food. I can't stop sniffing, Val's cooking is amazing, she asked Carlos if she could take cooking classes and he agreed, on the condition she helps him learn Italian. She couldn't pass up the opportunity.

Whilst she was learning to cook, I was busy learning to play the guitar. Carlos told us to always have a hobby, something we're passionate about that we can connect to. Apart from fighting, playing the guitar was the only thing I could connect with. Unlike Val, she took up piano lessons as well as the violin. She often plays but only when she is in the mood.