37 | Pure

I know exactly who this man is standing in front of me, Stefano Lorenzo Rossi, my grandfather

I know exactly who this man is standing in front of me, Stefano Lorenzo Rossi, my grandfather. For some reason everyone is scared of him, me? Hardly.

I can tell I'm pissing him off, I will never let anyone come into my father's home and disrespect him. You fuck with my loved ones, I'll fuck with you back, blood or not.

He is still yet to answer me, gazing around the room I see my family with fearful and worried expressions. I look back to my grandfather who breaks into a wide smile, I scoff at him and walk off, I don't have time for his shit.

I find Nate, Enzo, and Gianni stuffing their faces with chocolate cake and vanilla ice cream, I talk and sign at the same time, "let's take our food up to the library, then we'll play call of duty in the games room okay?"

All three of them nod, grabbing their bowls. Nate holds Enzo's hand while I grab Gianni's who looks up at me and smiles he sticks his tongue out at me, so I stick my tongue out at him.

My heart.

We walk past everyone in the living area, ignoring their stares at us moving towards the stairs, Messiah and Felix behind us.

Nate opens the door and we all walk in, the two cuties sit on the couch, bowls on their laps and they continue eating. Nate sits on a single chair and looks in awe at my baby cousins before he starts eating his food.

I walk over to the piano and sit at it, I turn around and connect my eyes with Gianni who has ice cream on his cheek making me chuckle. After he's finished he looks around trying to figure out where to put his bowl, Felix walks over grabbing it before disappearing out the door.

Gianni looks at me and walks over standing in front of me, 'can you play?' his little fingers sign.

I gently wipe the ice cream off his face. 'Yes, I know you can't hear it but do you want to feel it?' I sign. His eyes light up, 'what do you mean feel?' he signs. I pick him up and place him on the chair, I grab his small hands and place them on the flat surface of the piano.

He frowns at me before I sign to him, 'are you ready?' He smiles and nods.

I start playing 'Consolation No.3 by Liszt', my fingers gliding along the keys hitting every note, I glance at Gianni beside me and watch as his face beams with a wide smile looking at me and then my fingers.

A/N — the beautiful piece is above if you want to play and listen to it.

I close my eyes as I let the music flow out of me, Carlos taught me this piece. I miss him so fucking much, I can't believe I'm sitting here playing happy family while he's out there hurt.

I feel tears leaving my eyes as I continue playing, I look back at Gianni who's staring at me with sadness seeing my tears, he moves one of his hands towards my cheek and wipes them away smiling at me.