43 | Rightful Heir

Gianni, Enzo, and I are sitting in the library, Gianni asked if I could play the piano again for him

Gianni, Enzo, and I are sitting in the library, Gianni asked if I could play the piano again for him. He said when I play and he can feel it, he feels alive.

I can't believe that bitch was talking to my baby cousin like that, I don't even know who those people were but they better stay in their fucking lane.

'One more song please,' Gianni signed giving me adorable puppy eyes.

'Okay one more song and then we'll wipe off our face masks okay?' I sign back.

I start playing 'Interstellar by Hans Zimmer', my fingers doing all the work while my body sways with the music.

A/N — the song is above if you want to listen to this masterpiece. It's one of my favorites although it sounds better with an Organ Piano.

When I've finished playing I let out of breath and glance at Gianni beside me who is displaying a toothy grin.

"I think we need to have a little chat," a voice says behind me, making me tense. I feel Mez come up beside me in a protective stance, I gently grab his arm and look up at him, "take Enzo and Gianni, help them with their face masks please. I'll be there shortly."

He frowns down at me, "please," I plead. He nods his head and scoops Gianni up from the seat beside me and grabs Enzo's hand leading them out of the room.

"I can't wait for you to die at the hands of Viktor, my brother Lorenzo will lose his mind as well as his useless fucking sons. Then I'd be able to take over the mafia. I am the rightful heir and so is my daughter." The man seethes behind me, the room growing cold and intense.

I knew this guy gave me the fucking creeps, turns out that this whack job is my uncle. Didn't realize I had another one, I knew of everyone else since I had files on all of them but this one had nothing in the files. He must be disowned in a way from Nonno, I understand why though, he's power-hungry and will kill family to get it.

"At the ball this weekend, you're going to hand yourself over to Viktor who will be attending then he will release Carlos and Levi to your family, unfortunately, Nadia is dead, she didn't listen. You tell anyone about this and your precious Gianni will die." The man says before walking out of the room.

Looks like my uncle is working with Viktor, at least now I have a perfectly good reason to kill the asshole but first I'll torture his wife and daughter in front of him so he begs me to stop before I'll slit their throats.

Fucker just messed with the wrong bitch.

I grab my phone and dial a number,

Italics ↠ Valentina | Bold ↠ Marcus

Marcus, it's me, Val. I need you to fly here to New York, Carlos is here with Viktor. We're getting him back, I promise.

Heavy breathing sounds through the phone, Are you sure Val? We've come up short every time we get a lead. What makes you so sure?

One of my uncles is working with him, he told me just now. I'll send you my address, you'll be staying with us.

Okay, I'm booking a flight now. Be careful of your uncle Val, stay safe. I love you, and Val... there's a pause, thank you.

I love you too but don't thank me till we get him back, this is my fault anyway, I'll see you soon Marcus.

I hang up the phone frustrated but happy at the same time, at least now I know Viktor is in New York with Carlos and Levi. I didn't expect a relative to be working with him but it works in my favor, I'm not going to be telling anyone about this, I'm not risking Gianni's life.

I stand up and head out of the library, walking down the hallway I stop in my tracks when I see Arianna and Mez kissing but he pushes her away glaring at her. He then realizes I'm standing there, his eyes go wide and he shoves Arianna to the side approaching me but Felix stands in front of me blocking Mez.

I shove past both idiots and walk to my room, I go to close my door but a hand stops it and Mez opens it walking in and closing the door behind him. I stand there staring at him.

'It's not what it looks like Valentina, she came on to me. She kissed me, I pushed her away.' He signs, his hands moving fast.

"It's okay Mez. You're an adult you can do whatever you want, you don't have to explain yourself to me," I shrug stepping back from him a little.

He frowns when he notices my movement, he steps forward a little, 'I know but I feel like I owe you an explanation. She means nothing to me, she's always trying to come on to me but I always push her away.'

"Messiah, I understand," I mutter, taking a step back again to keep some distance.

"I don't think you do," he whispers closing the distance between us, he gently grabs my face and smashes his lips on mine. His kiss is gentle and sweet, my arms instinctively wrap around his neck.

His hands drop from my face and he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him deepening the kiss. I feel him squeeze my ass, I let out a gasp which allows him to stick his tongue in my mouth. We're both fighting for dominance, he ultimately wins.

I'm running out of air, so I pull out of the heated kiss, eyes still closed. Mez rests his forehead on mine, we're standing there breathing heavy, slowly taking in what just happened. I'm still at a loss for words.

"We can't —" I trail off, sighing. As much as I want to continue kissing him, we can't.

"I know. We'll figure it out, I swear. I like you Valentina and I'm pretty sure you like me too —" he whispers pulling back and tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear, "be my date to the ball Val? I know we can't go together but we can color coordinate and we'll have a dance together."

"I'll be your date Messiah, but you'll have to ask Nate what color my dress is. Leave my room before I kiss you again."

"Would that be so bad Val?" He whispers, I punch him in the shoulder and he lets out a chuckle before leaving my room.

What the fuck just happened?