68 | More Introductions

Why is this guy smirking at Valentina like that? It's honestly creeping me out

Why is this guy smirking at Valentina like that? It's honestly creeping me out. I gaze around looking at the faces of my family and see everyone glaring daggers at the guy.

He must feel everyone's intense stare because he snaps out of his staring contest with her and looks at the rest of us, brows furrowed.

He walks into the room more and heads in Val's direction but stops short when Messiah and Felix stand in front of her, shielding her. Their hands-on their weapons, glaring at him.

"Well this is awkward," Val grumbles, rubbing a hand down her face.

"Why? Because the last time you saw me I was naked in —" the guy says but Val abruptly stands up, cutting him off, "okay — yeah no, we're not talking about that in front of my family."

She slept with this guy? He's a cousin? Omg, she slept with her cousin.

"Gabriel, please leave the room. This is a family matter, we'll call you in when we're done." The man as I now know as Alejandro voices.

"Oh thank god, I thought she slept with her cousin —" Rome whispers beside me, "that would be fucking awkward."

Agreed brother.

Felix moves back behind Val, Messiah turns around to face her and frowns at her, she looks up at him and gives him a peck on his lips in front of our entire family.

Bold move, staking her claim in front of everyone.

Our Aunt gasped and our uncles look at our grandfather and father, eyes wide. Our grandfather looks angry and our father looks dare I say, happy?

Messiah smiles at her before his eyes widen, he looks at us all and we can all see he's starting to panic but Val cups his cheek and whispers something in his ear. He nods and moves beside Felix and Val sits back down facing the Gonzàlez family.

"Interesting —" Alejandro mutters, "you allow your daughter to be with her bodyguard?"

"None of that is your concern. We're here because Fernando and Marisol are missing," Val says, narrowing her eyes at him.

He chuckles, "apparently you're my niece so it does concern me —" he pauses and blinks rapidly, "how'd you know about mama and padre?"

"Viktor Petrov has them, he's after Valentina," Carlos cuts in.

"Uh yes, we've heard rumors about Viktor wanting to take over the Russian Mafia. Why does he want Valentina?" Alejandro questions.

"He hasn't made that clear to anyone, he just has this sick obsession over her," Marcus replies.

"He sent me a video of Fernando and Marisol torturing them, we're here to help get them back," Val further explains.

Alejandro looks at Diego and they both stand up before addressing us, "We could use the help, let me introduce you to everyone since we're all family it seems," Diego says.