Visits And Sickness (part fifty two)

A/n: WOULD SOMEONE LIKE TO EXPLAIN HOW THE HELL WE'VE GOT JUST OVER 20K READS!!!! LIKE OMFFFFGGGGG THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH I CANT EXPRESS HOW HAPPY I WAS TO SEE THIS I LOVE YOU ALL SO DAMN MUCH 😭😘
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once we got past the dry spot of boring travel guides, planning our time away was way more exciting and easier to do.

It seemed like everything was falling back into place after what happened to Sirius, even Fred was able to give Hermione a paste for the bruise on her eye. Although ever since the funeral I hadn’t heard much from Tonks.

I had sent her letter after letter but they were always short replies and I was beginning to worry about her. I shared my concern with Gracie so we decided that we’d go to her house to check up on her later today.

This morning Charlie and I decided to go for a walk through the forest once we were sent the final letter confirming our hotel for when we stay in spain. “She’ll be okay, you know. Tonks.” Charlie assured me, rubbing his thumb in a soothing manner over the back of my hand.

A small smile grew on my face as I looked up at him, “I know, I just can’t help but worry about her.” I admitted. The leaves on the branches of surrounding trees brushed against one another creating a somewhat swishing sound that echoed through the forest.

For the remainder of our walk we talked about all the things we were going to do while away and how great it was we were able to do it but then it hit me. Once we get back from our trip everythings going to change, Dumbledore said himself that before Christmas would be the best time to go, he must know or have an idea that something is going to happen.

“Charlie, you’d tell me if I’m being paranoid right?” I questioned him, stopping in the middle of the path. He knitted his eyebrows together, “yeah.” He dragged out the word, “what’s on your mind?”

“I was just thinking about Dumbledore's letter, he said it would be ideal for us to go on the trip before christmas. Doesn’t that sound like he thinks something is going to happen after?” In my defence, Dumbledore knew everything so my thought wasn’t completely far-fetched.

Charlie took a couple of seconds to think about it before responding. “Firstly I don’t think you’re paranoid. I think you’re just overthinking this because you’ve been stressed about it all and have been focusing on how Tonks is doing rather than processing that Sirius died while in a fight we were a part of.” I gave him an odd expression, “don’t give me that look, I know this because you haven’t brought it up. The only time you’ve ever mentioned it to me is when you were talking about Tonks and Harry. You need to take a minute for yourself and stop worrying about what’s potentially going to happen.”

He was right, I hadn’t let myself think about it that way, I’ve been more concerned about how Tonks was coping that I hadn’t given myself the chance to process it. Any one of us could have died, hell even I could have. The thought that it was a possibility a few weeks ago I wouldn’t have been able to celebrate our one year anniversary because Charlie wasn’t there hit me like a brick wall. It made me feel physically sick so I quickly pushed the thought out of my head.

“You’re right, I haven’t let myself think about it but honestly I don’t want to. Although I really do think Dumbledore knows something that he’s just not telling us.” I admitted but still pressed on with my original thought.

He stopped in his tracks and grabbed my other hand so he was holding both of them. “Love, Dumbledore would tell the order if he thought you know who was planning something because he’d want us to be prepared. I promise that even if you run head on into danger, I’m going to be right there at your side for every single fight, so please try not to worry too much. If we had anything to worry about that we could do something about then we would know about it.”