Hagrids Dragon (Part Nine)

A/n: I'm so sorry I forgot to put a warning at the start of the last chapter, I'm honestly so so so sorry if it upset anyone I know sometimes things like that can trigger things but I've put one in now for future readers.

I'm really tempted to either start writting a harry potter one shot book or James and Oliver phelps one shot book but I want to finish this book first lmao

Am I the only one who absolutely loves the ones where you have a young child together and its a one shot about that or like you guys' niece or nephew I'm obsessed with them I just think they're so adorable.

Once again I really didn't know what to do so I'm just making it up as I go along type of thing lmao
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your POV

This time, leaving the burrow was at the same time easier but also harder. My mind was at ease, after seeing how well Bill was coping, i was adamant that he'd be alright. Although it was hard because I've grown to really like Emily and Ron's friends.

I had spent the months of January and February observating and closely monitoring Ash's eggs, they wouldn't hatch until July but so far were doing quite well. On some of our days off, me and Charlie had babysat Emily for Bill, she was a pleasure to look after and if I'm being honest, she wasn't harder to watch than Ash. Charlie had really stepped up and it surprised me a little how good he was with her.

It wasn't until a spring evening in March that something peculiar happened. I was sitting writting a letter replying to my parents at the the kitchen table.

"what in merlins name" I heard Charlie mutter under his breath as he read a piece of parchment in his hand. "what is it" I questioned standing up and peering over his shoulder to see the letter.

"it's from Ron. He says that Hagrid has hatched a Norwegian Ridgeback." he answered and slightly shook his head in disbelief. "do I even want to know how he got the egg?" I said with a small laugh.

"probably not. Ron didn't say but he's asked if theres any way we could go to Hogwarts and bring it here to the sanctuary so that Hagrid doesn't get into any trouble." charlie replied setting the letter on the table.

"I mean we'd have to check if there's room and get some other workers to help transport it obviously but I don't see why we couldnt." I said now resuming writing my own letter to my parents.

"yeah that's what I was thinking. I'll quickly go over to the sanctuary now and see what they say." he replied putting on his coat and shoes before kissing the top of my head and opening the front door.

I finished writing my letter and handed it to our owl, Felix, letting him fly out and deliver it to my parents. I was now reading another book when Charlie came back home.

I set my book down on the coffee table and watched as he took a seat beside me. "so on Friday night, me, you and two other guys called Daniel and Scott are going to floo into hogsmeade where we'll then fly up with brooms to the astronomy tower and that's where we'll meet Ron and collect the dragon. They also said that because the dragons a baby still and quite small it'll fit into a spacious yet safe cage that'll be connected to each of the brooms." he explained laying his head on my shoulder.

"ohh okay so I'm guessing we're flying back here then?" I asked, I had never flown that long and for that length of a distance on a broom before, I mean yes I was on the quidditch team but I was only on the broom for a short time and never have I had to smuggle anything out of the country to help a friend.

"yeah, I know its a really long journey but you can stay if you want, I know you haven't flew for that length of time before." he said shifting to now lay his head on my lap as I started to absentmindedly play with his hair.