67 | The Italian Aren't Welcome

Start from the beginning

"She looks so peaceful," Felix whispers looking at her with awe. Felix sees Val as his baby sister, they always joke around with each other and give each other shit. It's very entertaining, they bicker all the time.

'She's taking all this rather well,' Messiah signs looking at her then back to me, 'it's not every day you find out your mother lies about who she is, that two people you view as a family is related to you and that your grandparents have been kidnapped and tortured.'

I glance at her and let out a breath, "she said she's fine just nervous about meeting the Gonzàlez family, judging by Carlos and Marcus I think they're nervous to be back home as well."

We all turn our heads right and see the two of them talking amongst themselves looking anxious.

This is going to be a long flight...

D I A V O L A

We landed safely and have gathered into cars and are heading to Carlos's and Marcus's childhood home, where their family is living

We landed safely and have gathered into cars and are heading to Carlos's and Marcus's childhood home, where their family is living. I'm starting to grow nervous, I have no idea what to expect.

We get to the gates where it's heavily guarded, Carlos is in the car at the front driving, the guard looks back at us and signals for someone to open the gates, letting us in.

We park and all clamber out of the cars and stand around looking at each other, the front door opens gaining our attention and a man walks out with a gun in his hand, void of any emotion.

"You all need to leave, why have you come here? The Italians aren't welcome in our territory —" he grumbles, "you know this Carlos and Marcus, why would you bring them to our home?"

Another man walks out and stands beside the man addressing us, soon two women walk out behind them followed closely by what I'm assuming is their children.

I'm standing hidden behind Felix and Messiah, I move around them and walk towards the man, "not even an old friend Alejandro?" I chirp.

His head snaps in my direction, his eyes wide and his jaw dropped, "Pensé que estabas muerto, pero aquí estás," he mutters in shock.

(I thought you were dead, but here you are)

"Here I am, still alive and kicking." I joke trying to ease the tension.

"You two know each other?" Carlos asks, looking confused as does the rest of my family.

"Uh —" I awkwardly chuckle, scratching the back of my neck, "yeah, we do."

"She helped us a few years ago, that's all you need to know —" Alejandro states, staring at me, "why are you all here?"

"This is my family and turns out your little sister is my mother, care to invite us all in so we can talk? I'm freezing my tits off out here," I mutter, shivering a little.

Alejandro stares at me as if I've grown two heads, he looks around at his family and frowns before turning back to face us, "fine, come in," he sighs.

He and his family walk back inside, I follow behind them but realize none of my family are moving, I turn on my heel and raise a brow at them.

"Care to explain how you know our brother Alejandro?" Marcus questions.

I ignore his question and turn back around heading inside, I walk in and find Alejandro in the formal living room with the rest of his family. I hear multiple footsteps behind me, notifying me that my family is following.

I take a seat with my family doing the same warily, they look around the room and all shift uncomfortable from the awkward tension.

"Rosa is your mother?" Alejandro asks, narrowing his eyes at me.

"Yup," I say popping the 'p'.

I sit back in my seat and look at the Gonzàlez family, I know who Alejandro and Diego are but the rest of them I've never met before.

"Mucho tiempo sin verte Deigo, te estás poniendo viejo," I chuckle, making him glare at me.

(Long time no see Diego, you're getting old)

Someone walks into the room wearing a suit, he stops in his tracks and assesses what's happening before his eyes land on me, then he fucking smirks at me.

Oh fuck...