I took a blink as Liam approach me with Mila and Earl grinning behind him. I swear this event entertains them more than the fashion show itself. He placed the bouquet of flowers in front of me, and his mouth gaped open. Everyone surrounded us, and suddenly burst out, "Congratulations on completing your first fashion show!"

My stomach felt warm like the sun hit it. I tried to say something on the line of: "Thank you for all your hard work," but the hands held over my mouth made it difficult.

I held the bouquet as everyone hugged one by one. Then, finally, it was him. I curled my fingers around the bouquet, blaming on the environment once more before embracing Liam, "Thank you for supporting me."

His arms curled around my waist, "You did a good job."

Liam floated away gently, but he didn't release me. I allowed the gratifying accomplishment to flow through me.

At that moment, everything was worth it.

The late nights.

The screams.

The frustration.

It was all worth it.

This is it.

This is the feeling of pride.

Pride in knowing I partake a role in completing such an impossible-like task.

I look forward, to see Becca with Clare clinging onto her arm. Her customary smirked exploded into a radiant smile that she rarely wore. Without a single word of praise, she nodded. She was proud of me.

A shoulder tap caught my attention, and I turned around to see an older woman, "H-Hello," I politely greeted.

She smiled, holding out a hand, "Hello, Ms.Blanc. I am Cornelius Sutton, executive director of Revol."

My eyes widen, "Revol? Like the Revol?"

"Do you know any other one?"

Revol is one of the most elite fashion brands in the world. Even the Everhart and Blanc family had a difficult time contracting with them. They set trends and crush them in a matter of seconds.

All thanks to the woman in front of me. Cornelius Sutton isn't a designer rather aid in marketing the company. She can sell anything. Every fashion show she held is top-notch, legendary.

I shook my head, "N-No. The only one." I laughed, feeling my heart pounding against my chest, "Hello, I am Vivian Blanc." I wanted to facepalm myself. She clearly knows who I am.

Instead of making fun of me, she laughed lightly, "When I heard there was a novel editor appointed by Becca, herself, running a fashion show. I had to see it myself."

I waited for her judgment.

"I must say, not bad."

I smiled widely, "Thank you so m-"

"I said it's not bad. I didn't say it was good." My heart felt as if it was shattered into a million pieces. It was like getting a decent grade in school after all the studying only for your parents to say: "Oh. Okay."

"But, you do have some potential." She place hand in the air and her assistant slipped a card between her fingers. She laid it out, and I took it, "If you want to polish your skill; come with me."

I stared at the champagne card. "You mean-"

"What I mean is that you're not into fashion despite holding a keen eye. Am I right?" She smirked, "But, you love running one. You find it thrilling to take charge, to pull all the pieces together like a puzzle."

I didn't make rebuttal because she is right. I'm not interested in designing outfits, nor do I have the ability to do it. For someone like Liam, who held such a talent, it makes everyone like me inferior in this world.

Perhaps, that's the reason why I held no interest in fashion. I'm lousy at it.

But, with this show, it felt like a new door was open...a new view of the world I rejected.

"You may become a somebody someday Ms.Blanc."

At that moment, I wonder if Becca appointed me to run this fashion show not because she was irritated with me; finding a reason to fire my ass. Instead, she was testing my potential.

I choose to believe that she was testing me rather than wanting to fire me.

Think positive.

"Think about it," Mrs.Sutton winked, before walking out.

And as I rest my back onto the cold metal inside the elevator, I could still feel the nostalgia. I smiled and covered my face with an endless amount of flowers. An exhalation occurred, and I look to my left remembering how Liam was still present. He was holding more of my flowers.

After the fashion show, all the staff headed out for dinner. Becca stated it was a good opportunity for me to expose myself to others within the field if I was to further my experience. Although they weren't the big boss, they are still equally important. After all, what's a leader without her team support.

If I want respect; I got to earn it.

Tonight, I believed I'm a bit closer.

I poke my toes onto the floor, my heels dangling from my wrist, "Hey."

"Yes?" He responded.

"We did well."

He nodded, "We did."

Another course of silence as the numbers decreased.

I stared at the man in front of me.

A new view of the world I rejected.

Can it be the same thing?

I rejected Liam because of his past behaviors. However, with the realization of the reasoning behind his behavior; perhaps we can start a new. "Liam?"

"Yes?"

I mustered all of the courage inside of me and blurted out, "Do you...maybe want to go out on a date with me?"

He bluntly stared at me.

"You know...like you and me...go out for breakfast, lunch, and/or dinner together...like a couple."

For the past week, I've been thinking about the tied between Liam and me. Despite the shocking secret, Liam is still Liam. He is still that silent, sarcastic sounding man.

"If you say no, I'm going to keep your train pillow." Yes, I took it back in my possession. I didn't really need it, but...it felt nice to have.

Admit it, Vivian. You like it. How it smells just like him.

If you don't speak little voice, no one would think you're dead.

Sure thing pervert.

"I...Can I have it back?"

"Only under one condition." The elevator bell dinged while I fought the smile, "Meet me at Raijin on Saturday night for dinner, or else you will see a train wheel Sunday morning in front of your bedroom door."

His face broke out, into the most sincere smile I've ever witnessed as he scratched his head. "I...I would like that."

I nodded, bouncing on my heels, "Cool."

"Cool."

"

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.