XVII. Fifty Cats

Vivian's POV:

Finally, the week passed, and I couldn't handle it anymore. Every day Liam tortured me to the point that I had to dismissed him early. It didn't go unnoticed by my superior, Ms.Bitcha Baker.

"Why is your assistant leaving early, every single day?" She cupped her hands together.

"He-" I can't tell her that I dismissed my assistant because he gets on my nerve, "He-" she lifted a brow waiting for my response, "He has diarrhea."

There was a long pause before she responds, "Diarrhea?"

I slowly nodded, "Yes, and-" my brain kick in high excuse thinking motion, "a low-grade fever."

"Really? Because he looks fine this morning."

"No," I clasp my hands together. "He was not fine. He had me bring him extra pants." Vivian Blanc, can you come up with an even worse excuse.

"You two live together?" she question.

My mouth gap open, and I quickly think of a response, "No."

"Then, why did you say; you brought him extra pants? Unless-"

"No. No. No. No," I wave two hands in the air, "We are not...wonking."

"Well, you told me-" a ringing on her personal phone caught her attention. She slid across the screen and held it against her ear, "Speak," she commanded while I stood there; praying she will silently dismiss me.

Ms.Baker raise her hand motion it.

Prayer has been answered.

I silently mouth a "Thanks" to whoever grant my prayer.

"Vera-" I thank too early. I turn around to see Ms.Baker covering the phone on her chest, "Ensure that your assistant is taken care of by next week. No more paid absences."

"I understand Ms.Baker," I said, before walking out of the door. I glare to the empty spot on the couch, imagining that Liam was sitting on it.

Saturday night arrived, and it was time for my date with Cason. I straighten out the apricot dress and tuck on the heels. I turn around, facing Amoli who was playing with Marisa, "How do I look?"

"Like you're ready to get laid," she nodded in approval.

I held my hands over my mouth and squeal, feeling my body heating up, "Do I really?"

She stood up and walked towards me, "Oh, you are so getting laid!"

I push her back, "It's just a normal date where Cason will drop me off tonight."

"Why not?"

"Why not what?" I asked, staring at my reflection in the hallway mirror. I grab the silver hoops earrings and put it on.

"Why not get laid?"

I turn around, placing my hands on my waist, "I like to know the guy first."

"Then?" She motions her hands for me to continue, with a large grinned on her face.

"Get laid!" I squealed. It's been a long time since I go out on a date. No, clarification, this is the first time I'm going out on a date with someone who is not forced to be there.