LI. Background Check

Vivian's POV:

Waking up naked beside Liam was something I never thought would happen again, but nonetheless, here we are.

Naked.

Staring at each other.

And never would I believe in my ears; particularly when Liam asked: "Let's produce an infant together."

Infant? What the fuck?

And never would I believe the words coming out of my mouth, which was: "Infant? What the fuck? You mean baby, right?"

Then again, I'm getting ahead of myself.

The month started out the same, but it was colder than ever with the arrival of winter. Plus, there is also the fact that we are living in the bay.

I exhaled, feeling the numerous amount of bags underneath my eyes which made me exhale once more. Each day, I was basically crawling to work.

Ever since our-not-a-date at the restaurant where Liam approved of the questionable relationship between us at work, I wasn't able to face him. I was much too frustrated, angry, and oddly happy to even express the emotions. With each interaction, my face was always twisted the other way.

Then, there is also a fantastic problem at home.

Lisa's actions weren't out of the ordinary, and it seems that the guys are warming up on her. It still bothered me that Liam and Lisa knew each other but refused to talk about it. Plus, there is also the matter that I would be probing too much if I was asking.

The door open and Amoli basically danced inside. She stopped when she noticed my presence. "Hi," she said with the biggest smile in the world.

"How was the date with Matt?"

She shrugged, "Just another day."

"Oh, really," my voice was dripping was sarcasm. "So, the plan?"

"What?"

"The...plan?"

Amoli took a few blinks before chuckling. "Yeah. The plan."

I sat up from the bed, noticing how Marisa was sitting upward in her crib. "Amoli," my voice was stern.

"I know what you're going to say."

"I doubt it."

"I think Matt is changing."

My face told her exactly how I was feeling about this whole situation.
"And I know you don't believe me. But, if you were to go out with us tonight."

"Woah." I place a finger in the air to stop her. "Woah. Woah. Woah."
Amoli grabbed my hands as her eyes shine brightly. "Matt suggests an idea-" that fucker "You, me, him, and Liam-"

I threw my hands away, "Woah!" I shouted, not once but many times, "Woah. Woah. Woah. Hold the phone!" I laughed. "The four of us-" I circulated my finger and shook my head with a smile on my face, "No."

Amoli frowned.

"Don't you frown. You know how I feel about Matt and Liam."

"Yes. You prefer to minimize the time spent together with them."

"If you get it. Why are you asking me to-" I splatter out nonsense.

"Because-" she stood up in front of me, "I want you to see it yourself that Matthew Greyson is becoming a better man."

I folded my arms, "Li, we've known Matthew Greyson since high school. There is no way-"

"Viv-" her tone was low, "We promise we would support each other relationship. I was there for you through your whole Liam's phase. Is it so hard for you to be there for me when I like another guy?"