XXX. Marriage Contract

Liam's POV:

My mom being pushy is something I'm used to.

Dad says it's because she wants to give me everything and anything I want. She wants me to be happy. Since I don't openly communicate what I want like Finn, she gets concerned.

"This is absurd! How can you do something like that without speaking with me!" Dad shouted from downstairs.

Finn grinned, "Let's go see what they are talking about." I nodded and follow him out of my bedroom. We squat in the hallway, listening to their conversation.

"Did you see how Liam-" It's me again. They are bickering because of me again, "was looking at the girl?"

Dad exhaled, wrapping his hand around his head. He glanced at Lawson for support since Harper was upstairs putting their children, Elaina and Kate, to sleep. They decided to come to America for a vacation.

"Plus, they called me," mom quickly said while both men stare at her. She settles herself beside dad and massages his shoulders. "Her name is Vivian Blanc."

Dad quirk a brow, "Blanc? The South America fashion tycoon?"

Quickly, mom nodded her head. "Yes, that family. Her mom called me a few weeks ago saying how her family is interested in our Liam."

Dad looks again at Lawson, who turned his head. That is his silent way of saying he will not interfere.

"We should do it!" Mom chimed.

Dad exhaled, running his fingers through his already messy hair. I'm surprised it hasn't fallen off considering his marriage partner...my mom. "Alright. Let's...continue talking to the Blanc."

"Are you sure?" Lawson finally inputted. Dad glared at him. The one that says - Why didn't you say anything earlier. Lawson ignored it. "I mean...a marriage contract isn't a small matter."

Marriage contract?

Finn tugged my shirt, tilting his head towards my bedroom. We crawled together back inside. Finn settled on the ground beside my trains as I closed the door. I walked towards him and sat beside him with my arms around my crossed legs.

"Hyung. Are you going to get married?" Finn frequently visits our family in Korea, so he adapts to our Korean roots more than me. Hyung means older brother.

I scratched my head, "I guess."

"What are you going to do?" He asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. If father and mother want me to get married. Then I'll get married."

Our parents sacrificed a lot for us. I
know that much. Instead of continuously out and about making more money, they would always make time to spend with both of us. Holidays are sacred in the family, and weekends face calls are a must.

"What about that, girl?" he asked, "Does she want to marry you?"

I bit my lower lip, scratching my head. Finn does have a point. I don't mind marrying Vivian. Maybe, that'll give me a chance to talk to her finally.

But what does she think? Does she want to marry me?

Vivian always adverts her eyes whenever she sees me. She always walks faster whenever I came to view.

I thought that maybe, one day, she'll talk to me like the other girls. But, she never did.

The guys said that if a girl adverts their eyes or if she walks faster when she sees you. It means she wants nothing to do with you. That also means you shouldn't chase after her because she'll only dislike you more.