VIII. First Day of Work

Vivian's POV:

When I left the bus, Bob helps me carry the stroller off. He leans downward and waves at Marisa. "Have a good day."

Suddenly, she burst out into tears causing me to freeze momentarily. I unbuckle her and grab her, "Why are you crying?"

Bob threw up an arm and inhaled his armpit. "I'm sorry. Do I smell?"

I rock Marisa over my shoulder before I grab the milk bottle from the back, praying she is merely hungry. Immediately, Marisa sucks against the tip, and I sigh, "She's probably just hungry. This morning she refused to drink her milk from Lisa."

Bob exhales and nods before running his sleeve across his forehead. "Have a good day at work," he said, before leaping into the bus. I wave at Bob, who smiles and closes the door. Soon, the bus disappears around the corner with the other soul-sucking corporate workers.

Exhaling a breath, I set Marisa down, buckle her up, and stroll her inside the company. Marisa rests there, still with fresh tears while her cheeks suckle the bottle. The bottle drops, and I sigh, glaring at it momentarily before I duck down to pick it up. A man rudely kicked it out of the way before, and I wanted to glare at him, but he disappeared out of the double door.

"Does it kill people to have some common courtesy?" I duck down once more, but a hand captures the bottle before I can.

"Sometimes, it does kill them." I look up to see Gianni with the bottle.

He hands it to me. "Thank you." I smile, before tucking the bottle back in the bag. I tumble my fingers along with the stroller and smile tensely, "So-" boss "how are you?"

Gianni chuckled, crossing his arms over his chest. "Relax, Vivian, I'm not going to eat you-" I exhale, "well, not in front of all these witnesses anyways."

I tense up and lean back slightly before bursting out into a forced laugh. "You got jokes." I wonder if this is the right moment to slap his arm casually, but I'm afraid he might cut it off and hit me with it for inappropriately touching him.

Gianni smiles, "Sure...Jokes."

Eventually, the laughter dies down, and mind you; I was the only one laughing. I stood there, waiving my eyes back and forth, realizing Gianni won't say anything else. Steadily, I took a step back, "Ummm, pardon me-" boss "I need to go drop off Marisa and clock in."

Gianni leans downward and brushes Marisa's unexisting bush of hair. "Hey there, sweetheart, looking as handsome as ever."

I frown at his statement. Marisa is pretty! Why are you calling her handsome! Gianni straightens himself out. "Well, see you in the office, Miss Blanc."

I nod and tailor my way towards the daycare center. Glancing back, Gianni was still staring at me, causing the sweat to dwell down faster. Out of sight and hidden behind a plant, I threw my butt in the air, to ensure that I didn't sit on anything this morning. "Maybe, he thinks you have a nice ass." Liar.

Shaking my head, I stroll back to the lobby to see Gianni's spot vacant. Quickly, I straddle towards the front desk to see Cheryl. "Woah there, co-worker." It seems like she got the memo that I'm hired. "I just saw you disappear around the corner. Why are you back?"

"Well, I was actually running away from Gianni because breathing the same air as him makes me anxious." Cheryl shook her head, but I couldn't stop blabbing, "It's just he signs my paychecks, which I desperately need and this job! I really need it. It's not like Gianni isn't nice. He seems nice except for the odd nicknames he gave his co-workers, which isn't so nice."