I. Carpe Diem

Vivian's POV:

It was the first day of high school when I met him, the guy who became my world for the next four years.

Growing up, I was a daddy little princess, a girl fed with a silver spoon. My family wasn't as wealthy as most of the students at Pandora Academy, the school for future leaders of the world, but we were doing well for ourselves.

I remembered that day so clearly, my first day out of homeschool. Dad cherished me saying how cruel the world is, and I shouldn't be out there until I'm ready.

He was right.

On my first day of school, I realized one thing about being a dark-skinned lady is that you're part of the minority. To gain leverage, you had to achieve much more than others your age, or you'll be isolated. I wasn't as wealthy as the other ladies or mildly smart, but I was content where I am with my small circle of friends.

Amoli grabbed my shirt, and I almost choked on my chicken nugget. "Oh, my goodness! It's them," she squealed.

I looked up, seeing the it crowd walking in. The it crowd consists of five of the most wealthy families in North America. Within the group consists of the five heirs.

They are smart, wealthy, and attractive.

I look up at the ceiling, "You're not there, are you?"

Amoli grabs my shirt, "You got to stop blaming God for your laziness. You're the one who chooses to watch MeTube last night instead of studying for the quiz."

I pout, my cheeks in an expanding tug. "I didn't know there was going to be a quiz. I mean, who gives a surprise Tuesday pop quiz on a Friday? That should be a crime."

"No, wearing socks and sandals is a crime."

"What's wrong with socks and sandals?"

"Socks are meant to keep your feet warm," she reasoned. "It loses all its purpose if you wear sandals! It's like skort all over again. I mean, is it a skirt? Is it shorts? What in the damn world is it!"

"I don't think there's anything wrong as long as they feel comfortable in it."

She scoffed, "Hard to believe you came from a fashion family."

I shook my head, knowing she won't change her mind. My focus reverts to the sins with legs.

First, standing smack in the middle would be Matthew Greyson. The Greyson had been ruling the business world for nearly three generations. Any imports or exports of products in America have to cross paths with the Greysons.

Matthew blink, rushing his dark hair back and revealing his icy blues causing all the girls to squeal with delight. I don't have anything against Matthew or any of the guys present, but out of all the guys, he is the least trusted when it comes to a relationship. You can't trust him with your heart.

His weekly ice cream flavor walks up, batting her long lashes at him as he threw an arm over her. Tall, blonde, bodacious, and beautiful is Matthew's type of girl. Matthew is a guy who changes girls more than I eat, and I eat a lot of food.

No matter what people may say, to me, Matthew is not a player but a whore.

Beside him was Jackson Martinez, best friends. Matthew and Jackson had known each other since primary school. He blinks his beautiful blues, filling the air with a fantastic atmosphere. A smile crosses his lip as he winks at the group of girls he passes, causing two of them to faint.

Martinez industry fits its name with its monopoly in alcohol. Despite its name, it works with more than mere alcohols. As many would say, it's not a party without a Martinez.