XX. Not A Person Wall

Vivian's POV:

My eyes were pinned on the menu.  The world felt like it stop moving. Liam was sitting diagonally from me, granting both of us a perfect view of each other.

Just when I thought things are getting less awkward, things got much more awkward. My hands curled against the menu and I couldn't help but pout when a woman walked towards his booth. She sat down, and they began exchanging words.

That fucking liar. Not too long ago, he called me to learn on how to work a printer and now he's out on a date. That self-centered mean prick!

The waiter arrived, blocking my view of them and I began sipping on the water. I ordered my dish first and then, Cason ordered his. After the waiter left, I forced myself to look at Cason rather than the couple in front of me.

"Is there something bothering you?" Cason question.

I wonder if I'm the type of person who throws all her emotions on her face.

Quickly, I shook my head, "No. Nothing is wrong," I responded, taking a sip from the cup of water. Immediately, I gagged, smacking my lip together. "That isn't water."

Cason took the glass from my hand. "That's because you drank from my cup."

I look down to see my cup of water still in front, to my right. I chuckled lowly, feeling the alcohol burning down my trachea. "Sorry."

"If you want some. We can order you a cup?" Cason was trying his best, and I knew it. He's been trying to make this date less uncomfortable and here I am focused on the man who should no longer be a part of my life.

I inhaled a sharp breath, clutching my fingers onto my purse. "You know what? I will take a glass," I said.

He cocks a brow, "Are you sure? I mean, I won't be against it if you decided to say no. You don't look like you enjoy drinking alcohol."

"I think I'm going to let loose tonight," I responded. Cason chuckled. He raised a hand to catch someone attention and ordered me a light cup of wine. I'm grateful the waiter didn't ID me.

Soon, the tight tension lifted and I found myself forgetting about the man settling across the room. I laughed when Cason told me a joke which wasn't funny if I was sober. I understand why people drink on dates now, it does make things funnier. The food was brought out and I was on my second glass.

I laughed once more, much too loud for the restaurant acceptance. Rushing my fingers through my curls, I ate another piece of steak and went onto my third cup. The rest of the night became a short blurred.

Attempting to listen to Cason speak became much more difficult as my eyes skewed towards the booth behind me only to find it empty. They must have left...probably to go fuck.

"I'm going to use the restroom real quick," I said.

"Do you need help?" Cason offered, looking slightly concerned.

I shook my head and lifted the strap over my head. "I'll be right back."

I stumbled down the restaurant towards the restroom or what I expect to the bathroom. I could be walking into the kitchen for all I know. Pressing a hand against my pulsing temple I regretted the third cup of wine. It wasn't enough to make me drunk and commit wild uncontrollable decisions but it did give me a headache as I sober up.

Entering the bathroom, I lock the door and turned on the faucet. The water began running down the sink, only to roar into my ears. I wet my palms and splashed the liquid onto my face to clear my thoughts.

Turning off the water, I pressed my palms against the cool tiles and look forward. My cheeks were burning red and my hair was an utter mess. I'm surprised Cason hasn't run away yet.