XXXIII. Good Boy

Liam's POV:

The phone buzzed.

I grabbed it from the desk, "Yes?"

"How is it? How are things with your little wife?" Becca spoke in a teasing, baby-like voice.

I frowned, "Why did you do that?"

"Thank you, Becca, for recoiling my wife and me! I miss her so much!"

"Your aid is unnecessary."

There was a long trace of silence before Becca speaks: "Your parents are concerned about you Liam," she said. She heaves a breath, "I'm quite certain you know the reason why they send you here."

My parents didn't send me here to learn more about the industry. They send me here because they know Vivian is living in San Francisco. They know about my emotions for her. I don't intend to hide anything from my family.

I asked them not to interfere. I want Vivian to be happy; to obtain the freedom she desires. The freedom away from me.

"They shouldn't interfere."

"But you were going to come here anyway. So, why not use your parents as an excuse?"

I tighten my grip on the phone but refused to respond.

Becca is an old colleague of my dad. They met when he was working in New York. He caught some of her designs by accident then later recruited her to work for him. I didn't meet her until I was 15, but I know her. She likes to play mind games.

"Isn't it easier to watch her when she is living underneath the same roof as you rather than hire a fake family to be her bodyguards? What are their names again? The Oreos?"

When Vivian moved to San Francisco, I was concerned; so I hired a few bodyguards to stay inside the building she lives in and poses as her neighbors.

Despite her desire to be an average person; she is still an heiress of the Blanc family. There will always be people who will follow and hurt her.

"It's the Oriens."

"I like Oreos better. You should've named them the Oreos."

"Did you find out who is that man that tried to hurt her?" I changed the subject, feeling a bit hungry.

"He only said that someone hired him to scare her. Something in the line of sending you a warning."

My lip thinned, wondering who may do such a thing. Dad has always said, working in this type of industry, I would make a lot of enemies. "Did you find out who?"

Becca exhaled, "I don't know."

My mind continued pondering on the thought of who it may be. I grunted, feeling a striking pain on my body. It didn't hurt too much, but everyone seems to exaggerate the pain. I laid down to relax my body.

"Vivian will be fine," Becca reassured me. "She is working at my company, and she's staying with you." There was a long pause. "Unless little Liam decides to a big boy and eat up the little rabbit," she laughed.

"I don't consume rabbits," I responded. They're too adorable to be eaten.

Becca stopped laughing, "You're no fun."

"I...I am a lot of...fun," I responded.

Before I knew it, she burst into another round of laughter.

My cheeks turned red, "Finn thinks I'm fun."

"Finn is 13, and he kisses the ground you walk on. Of course, he thinks you're fun," her teasing tone resume.

"Finn does not kiss the ground. It is filthy."