LII. Talking Drinks

Vivian's POV:

I'm a fool when it comes to love.

I accept that sad part of reality.

But, end meets end, I'm not stupid.

Yes, I do feel sympathy for Lisa's situation, which is the reason why I wholeheartedly lay out a hand to help her. Because what kind of world do we live in if we simply turn a blind eye?

Support is one thing.

Trust is another.

I am willing to support Lisa.

I do not trust her.

Amoli nudges my waist, and I look up to see four sets of eyes resting on me. "I would like the steak, medium, with a side of chicken salad." I closed my menu. The waiter nodded, asked us if we need anything else before picking up the menus, and left.

"So, what do you think?" Amoli busted up a conversation or maybe continued one. My mind was too occupied with Lisa.

"About what?" I took a sip of water.

"About the charity event." Matt grinned, placing his chin against his palm. "Tomorrow."

"Oh...charity is nice," I responded vaguely, not understanding the route of this conversation.

"Matt just invited us to attend tomorrow." I look at Amoli before glancing back Matt.

Liam was silently sipping wine in the corner, "Are you going to attend?" I asked him.

Liam placed down the glass, "No."

"Then, I won't either."

"Oh?" Matt grinned only widen. "What does Liam lack of attendance at the event have to do with you? Is there something going on between you two? Come on, we are all friends here," his desire to play around was too much.

"No." I grabbed the white towel and rest it on my lap. "It's because I'm his caretaker. I'm simply doing my job."

Amoli winced at my tone; everyone knows she had been neglecting her duty as a hired help to play around with Matt. Everyone knows this is Matt's style; to string girls along, so they don't say anything.

Amoli doesn't see Matt real personality as I did. Being engaged to Liam since I was sixteen, I got my fair chance of witnessing his actions personally.

He only sees women as objects to relieve himself of boredom. I highly doubt he will find a woman one day and settle down; particularly with his broken family.

His father and mother both participated in numerous affairs but pretended to be lovers in front of others. His younger brother hates him; where they rarely even acknowledge each other presence. His younger sister is a boy chasing lunatic.

I concluded that I did try my best to warn Amoli about Matt's personality, and I shouldn't meddle too much into their affairs. After all, they are both grown adults in their twenties. Interfering too much will only backlash me later. It's a cruel reality.

At worst, Amoli becomes another victim and cry on my shoulders at night.

At best, Matt really did change, and I was wrong.

I'm not a person who is unwilling to change her perspective on someone.
"Oh? Then, I guess it's just us," Matt told Amoli who blushed at his looks.

My eyes narrowed, and a smirk made its presence. "So, are you two an official couple now?" I know Matt had always hated being labeled. He never accepts any girl as his girlfriend.

His eyes deepened into mine. "We are seeing where things go," he replied coolly, "And what about you two?" He was talking about Liam and me. "Thinking of getting back together...as husband and wife again?"