X. She Don't Buy Bullshit

Vivian's POV:

They say some things never change.

A few examples would be:

One, Liam Everhart is still as attractive as ever, with his top-notch styled back haircut and complimenting his tanned skin.

Two, Liam's friends are still good-looking idiots who hold no courtesy for the people surrounding them.

Three, my heart is still beating...for him...my ex-husband.

"Bro," Jackson said, giving Mauricio an elbow nudge. "The baby is white."

Mauricio narrow his eyes and lean in closer towards Marisa, a rude action. Who says you can breathe the same air as my fake baby? "I don't know Jack...Maybe-" he paused, before looking at me, "he is Matt's baby?"

Jack and Mauricio turn their heads toward Matt who stood there, hands in his pockets, and a piece of gum resting inside his mouth. He stops chewing. "Not my baby."

Liam was still staring at me.

The only sound strolling between us was the shoes and light chattering of the workers. Once in a while, someone would quickly glance towards our direction, but it wasn't long enough to maintain eye contact.

"The boy...isn't mine right?" Matt sounds a bit more hesitant. "I mean...we never slept together...right?" His confident tone only drop with my silence.

Fuck this. "Matt," I said, dragging out his name. "I...I wanted to tell you."

Matt's face seemingly paled.

Liam was still staring at me.

"It's...not your baby," I said blandly. "We never even been together in the same room alone so how can we make a baby?"

Matt releases a breath of air. "I told you...not my baby."

"Maybe if you remember whom you slept with, then you wouldn't have to worry about having a baby somewhere," which may be a possibility, "or have STD."

Jack and Mauricio snorted, but quickly cover up their laughter with a cough. They stood there, with a wide grin, surely watching the showdown.

Everyone knows that Matt and I never really gotten along with each other. I do not particularly appreciate how he treats women like rags, and he thinks I'm overly sensitive. We got into a weighty argument in the past due to the situation. Afterward, we never saw each other eye to eye.

"Thank you, for caring, but I always use protection."

I gave him a tight smile, "Protection pops, and for all we know, your baby may be popping somewhere right now too. So, congrats, daddy."

Matt hid his hands behind him and leaned down. "Hmm...I never knew you were so endearing towards your husband's friend."

"Ex-husband." Liam seemingly winced at my correction.

Matt chuckle, "Yeah...sure ex-husband."

I stood there, attempting to understand his mocking like tone. Why is he laughing? Jack elbow Matt, and he stops. He pinched his lip and turned to the side.

"How are you?" Liam finally said. The three guys around him fidget lightly before taking a step back. They turn towards one another, seemingly giving us privacy with their meaningless conversational exchange of beautiful day today and it's a bit hot.

"I'm good. You?" My response was quite cold as if I'm greeting a stranger.

"Good." His eyes skew downward towards Marisa. "Nice boy."