LXIV. Words aren't Tangible

Vivian's POV:

With Amoli, Matt, and Jack is gone, the house felt quieter.

"What do I do?" I groaned.

"About what?" Lisa question.

We are eating breakfast right now, "About the apartment...now that Amoli is gone."

Not too long after she left, I received a phone call that she is getting on her private jet. She was not turning her back and decided to return into her role as an heiress.

It wasn't surprising that Amoli got back to her wealthy lifestyle. After all, every child rebellious at one point from their parents. When I talked with Amoli's parents, I knew they consider this a small rebellion and didn't take it to heart.

I wonder if my parents believe I'm rebellion in some sort of way by not contacting them this past year.

It's easy to fall back into old patterns, and I had to take it into consideration, but I don't want to go home and shamefully bow my head. I don't want to go back with nothing but my family's name.

I want to make something out of myself and not depend on my parents or -

I groaned once more when Liam entered.

Or my (not) ex-husband.

"Break the contract and just live here," Mauricio replied. He wiped the corners of his mouth.

"I can't do that," I mumbled as Liam sat down. "I'm about to leave soon."

Mauricio look at Liam before eyeballing me. "Why not live here and pay rent? Think about it economically. You save money, still independent from your parents, can focus on your career, and you don't have to feel guilty about living for free."

His words were like sinful temptations.

"What do you say, Liam?"

Liam shrugged, "Well, you don't have to-"

Mauricio smacked his head. Mauricio shook his head; eyes darting at me than motion back.

"Why did you hit me?" Liam rubbed his head.

"Because-" Mauricio's eyes darted once more. He dragged Liam out of the room.

Silently, I sat there; eating breakfast with Lisa. My mind began to wander, and the suspicion arises once more. I wanted to confront Lisa, but it would be stupid to do it based off of mere suspicions.

I need her background check. ASAP.

Background checks aren't as fast as people think; it takes forever. Not that I ever did it to Liam. If I did, then the person I hired was not good enough.

Liam and Mauricio entered the room, settling back down at their original spot. "There's a lot of room you can rent out," Liam calmly stated.

Mauricio circulated a hand.

"Because...it is unsafe for a female to stay on her own in such a rigorous city." He looked at Mauricio once more. "Despite being a strong independent woman, you're still one person, and it's better to be living in a secure household with other housemates."

Mauricio folded his hands and nodded.

Liam nodded along.

"And I won't be intruding?" I asked.

There is a chance Mauricio knows about Liam's condition. That would explain why one moment, he hates my living soul and the next - he somewhat cares about my safety.

Liam looks at Mauricio once more. It was starting to get irritating, like a husband seeking his wife permission for the mistress to live inside the house.