LXIII. Going Home

Vivian's POV:

That night, I had a dream and not the Martin Luther Jr. kind of dream.

In my feverish state, I could feel hot lips on mine as hands explored my body.

***

I moaned at the dried pleasurable taste, and steadily my eyes opened. "L-Liam?"

I felt like I had been walking in the desert for days, begging for a cup of water.

He placed a burning hand on mine. "Vivian...I want you," he whispered sweetly.

Liam was in so much pain, his natural complexion paled. His natural tanned skin sunk into a shade that sulks into my dangerous heart.

Don't take him back.

His muddy eyes close, and he sucks himself into the endless abyss, as the tears drip down his structured cheeks.

Don't take him back.

All I wanted to do is run my fingers through his midnight hair that refused to be tamed.

Don't take him back.

The thumping inside my chest refused to settle as he grasps my palm. Gently, he brought it towards his soft lips. From time to time, my eyes wither from his features towards the ring on his left finger.

Don't take him back.

The one he never took off.

"Please, take me back."

And as I laid there on my restless state, I smiled, "Yes."

***

When I woke up, Liam was staring at me.

I groaned, barely recalling anything that happened after Liam had forced me into bed, "What?" I don't even want to know what he is thinking this early in the morning.

"Why are you in my bed?" That question would've sounded so hateful before, but now, passing all my hostility. I can pick up his confusion.

I rolled away from Liam because it was too sweaty.

"I didn't mean it like that," he quickly said.

I was laying on my stomach, peeking at him. He was sitting upward, his wrinkled shirt seemingly wrinkled onto his body. He looked better than yesterday, which isn't a surprise since we practically sweat out our fever. I was too tired to respond due to his tight embracement all night.

"If you want to sleep here further. I wouldn't mind." He sucked in his cheeks and look away.

"I brought you water, and you threw me on the bed." My sentence clearly had many meanings.

I waited for him to respond.

Liam's face twisted, into an extremely unsightly look, "Did I...Did I rape you again?"

My eyes shot open, and I sat upward on my knees, "What?" I attempted to gasp for words. "R-Rape? Did you just say rape?"

"Yes."

"Rape who?"

"You."

"Who rape who?"

"I rape you."

"When?!" I was getting more and more freaked out by the second.

"When you were 16."

I took a few blinks, recalling what had occurred four years ago at Jack's party. "Are...Are you crazy?"