LXXII. Non-Existence

Vivian's POV:

"Listen to me, Cason. You don't want to do this. You're going to re-"

He pressed the gun further into my flesh, and I bite my tongue in order not to scream. "I'm going to regret not killing that bastard that ruined my life." He grabbed my arm, and I groaned, "My older sister was happy with her husband. They're the best people you would ever meet. But your dear fucking lover ruined it. He killed their child and broke them. Now, they're going to rot in jail."

I tried my best to remain calm. "Listen to me Cason, Liam isn't going to send them into prison. They're going to be released; so you don't have to do this."

The elevator doors spread open; allowing a group of men to come to view. Each and every single one with a gun, "One move, and I'll kill the girl."

I shook my head as they exchanged glances. One by one, they motion outward until a clear path is provided.

"Cason. Don't do this," I begged him.

He pokes the gun at my waist, forcing me to move forward. "Don't you get it? Even if they get out; they can't live anymore. Everyone and I mean fucking everyone blamed my sister and her husband for their daughter's death. They said parents like them deserve to go to hell for not watching their children. They said parents like them, don't deserve children. He ruined their lives. They can't sleep. They can't eat. They can't live."

With each step, getting closer to the room, my mind fazed.

"You want to know what happened that day? My niece was playing in front of the yard, happily with her new red bouncy ball. She was smiling, proudly showing it off. Then, bang-" I shook as he blasted into my ear, "He hit her. He killed her."

We were standing in front of the room with all the men surrounding us. "Worst part? The fucker didn't even step out of the car. He doesn't give a crap about other people lives."

"We can talk about this. Please, Cason."

"Then, the police came-" I knew he wasn't finished with the story, "and barely two days passed. They declared it was parental negligence. We didn't understand why. Why the fuck they would close the crime; barely investigating. That is until we found out who hit her."

Each word was challenging to listen to; hard to swallow.

"Must be fucking nice, huh. Living above the law."

At that point, I knew nothing is going to get through him.

"It's a shame you love a murderer," his voice somehow soften, "And I actually liked you too."

His lip slide near my ear, "Open the door."

With a heavy arm, I slide the door open. Liam came into view with his grandfather still by his side. "What's with all the commotion?" his grandfather asked.

One step after another, I walked inside the room.

Liam's eyes skewed towards us than it waivered towards the group behind us and finally down my waist. His eyes narrowed as Cason slide the door close.

"Young man," his grandfather said, "If I were you, I would think twice about what you're doing right now before acting upon it."

I swallowed fiercely as Liam's grandfather eyes drifted towards the man behind me.

"Leave," Cason demanded.

His grandfather inhaled a sharp breath, refusing to move.

"Oehal-abeonim. Please-"

"Quiet!" Liam's grandfather snapped, thrusting his cane into the ground. "This whole thing wouldn't have happened if you learned how to control your emotions."