XL. Horrible Excuse

Vivian's POV:

I stared at Amoli, who was cooking breakfast. I grabbed a piece of green grape and placed it in my mouth, breaking the barrier.

I am Liam's caretaker, not the maid; hence, I will not do anything that does not revolve around him. Last night, I changed his sheets and gave him a cup of water. I am pretty damn good at this caretaker thing.

"Morning." Jack yawned, stretching out his aching muscles.

"Jack, you got a call this morning," Amoli said.

He rests his head on the counter, "Who?"

"A young woman named Jenny. She said you didn't show up last night?"
Jack tilted his head and stared at Amoli, taking a few blinks at a time. I motioned over and began brewing the coffee because we all damn well need it.

"Jenny?" He questions slowly then abruptly stood up. "I had a date last night!" He inhaled a sharp breath, "Who's Jenny?"

Amoli and I exchanged glances before Jack sat back down, "If she called later, tell her...I got high blood pressure."

That was a horrible excuse.

"Jenny said she was your assistant," Amoli clarified.

It seemed like everyone have an assistant nowadays, even assistants get assistants. I should know.

"My assistant name is Jenny?" Jack responded, sounding quite shocked. "I have an assistant?" He held up a finger. "I need to go speak with a few people."

He walked out of the kitchen through the double doors. "I don't have an assistant named Jenny," he barked causing Amoli to drop the knife. "Tell my parents to take whichever ditch that bitch crawl out of back while I'm nice."

Amoli picked up the knife, "Dang. I almost pissed my pants." She washed it before resuming her cut.

Amoli had only seen the guys a handful of times, so she didn't witness their other faces. Since I was married to one of them, I had the privilege to be immune to their businessman wolf-like work ethics.

Mauricio walked in with the phone on his face. He halted in front of me and glared at me before grabbing a piece of grape. Steadily, he popped it inside his mouth and walked out.

"What did you do to him?" Amoli question.

"I didn't do anything."

"Why does he look like he wants to wrap his hands around your neck then?"

"You think I know what type of shit kinks he's into?"

The door flattered open once more and Matt waltz inside with his perfectly tailored suit. He flashed his signature smirk at Amoli who blushed underneath his hot gazes. I pray, she is only an outstanding actress.

"Good morning," his voice was more profound than usual. He needs water; too bad I don't work for him. Well, it's not bad (for me) because I do not want to change is sheets. God knows what stuff I will find sticking to it.

"Morning," I responded.

Amoli smiled, "Good morning, Matthew."

Matt leaned against the counter, "About what you said last night."
What happened last night?

She placed the knife down. Big mistake. If I were her, I'd hold the blade just in case. "Yeah?" Her voice was dripping with seduction.

Somehow, I felt like a wheel on a tricycle. Unneeded.

A mere skippable transition from training wheels to a standard bike.

"I should be more cautious with whom I choose to associate with; never know when I'll be stepping on the wrong toes."