VII. Shape to Perfection

Vivian's POV:

I took a few blinks, feeling the sun sinking into my lids. Groaning and stretching out my aching back, I sat up to see Lisa and Amoli making breakfast.

I groaned some more when Marisa crawled on top of me. "I'm not ready for the day."

"Fine. Then, you don't need to eat Lisa's amazing quesadilla."

I snap my head towards him. "Quesadilla. Sign me up-a."

We sat around the island, munching on the quesadilla. I look up to see Lisa feeding Marisa, who continuously spits out the milk. She sighs, wiping Marisa's cheeks.

Amoli placed down her quesadilla. "Today, we will go purchase a baby crib and a few items for Marisa."

Lisa placed down the bottle with her head hung low. "I-I don't have any money."

"I have some in my savings," I declared before Amoli gets a chance to offer. "We can use that."

"Didn't you say your workplace has childcare?" Amoli asked me.

I quickly nodded, "Yes! We can have them take care of Marisa during the daytime there, and it's free!" I used not to understand the appeal of free things in the past, but in the past year, I finally realized why everyone gets so excited over it. Now, I love to grab anything free.

"And I'll get a chance to go get a job, for those hours," Lisa pitched in quickly. "Thank you." She thanked us once more than smiled brightly at Marisa. "See this baby girl? Angels do exist."

Amoli covers her face, a muffled cry exiting her lip. I turned away, "Please, let's not do this, not so early in the morning. You can call us Angels around dinner."

Marisa smiles brightly at us before we all burst out laughing. For the rest of the week, Amoli spends her days as usual with classes, part-time gigs, and more classes. I took care of Marisa since I haven't started my internship while she goes around the city, searching for a job.

"You got hired...already?" I asked, laying Marisa down on the high chair.

"Yes, there's this grocery store that needs a part-time cashier. So, I applied. It doesn't pay much, but it's something."

"What store is it?" Amoli asked, practicing her dance routine in the living room.

"Arrow."

"Oh, I worked there before," I said, remembering my seasonal shift. "They give out high discounts there for their employees so that we can shop there." I gave Lisa a high-five.

I glanced at Amoli, who stretched her leg in the air. My lip twist, wondering if I can work extra hours on an internship if that's legal. If I can save enough, I can help Amoli get an actual dance studio. Glancing at Lisa, I believe she had the same idea due to her need to express her appreciation.

Monday quickly rolled around, and it was my first time to work. I button up my skirt and wipe it down before forcing a smile on my face.

"Don't force it. It will come naturally," Amoli sang, before grabbing her dancing bag.

I walked towards the kitchen to see breakfast prepared by Lisa, and everything was in its tip-top shape. I didn't know what to do next because I woke up early to help cook and clean. I wonder how Lisa manages to do all this without making a single sound. "How did we not hear you?" Amoli asks, grabbing a plateful of eggs.

Lisa stopped feeding Marisa and gave us a grimy smile. "My ex doesn't like too much noise in the morning," she said.

We decide to terminate the conversation there.