| quadraginta |

After a decade, I am home.

Hades was fragile with us the whole time. He treated us like we were his dearest treasure. From time to time he would look at me and hug me while playing with our sons. I smiled at his cute gesture.

He wasn't broken anymore.

"Dada, can you make banana pancakes?" asked Hade.

Vius nodded.

"Yah Dada, all this playing makes me hungry." He pouted.

Hades chuckled.

"Of course Vius. Dada will make pancakes for you and your Momma." he smiled.

We were inside the playroom he prepared in the castle for children. This was one of his doings while I was gone. He was thinking of impregnating me if I come back. This was useful then.

"I hope he makes banana pancakes as good as Baba Jack's pancakes." Hade smiled.

Hades' smile disappeared. A glint of confusion passed his face but he managed to smile again.

We haven't talked yet. I decided he would spend time with the boys first.

He didn't answer until we reached the dining area.

"I will prepare your pancakes boys. Kindly entertain Momma while I'm gone." instructed Hades.

He gave me a we'll-talk-later look.

I nodded as we sat down. The happiness on my boys' face is so evident.

"Do you like your Dada?" I asked. They both nodded.

"It's so overwhelming to have a real Dada Momma. We thought we'll grow up inside the book." said Vius.

Hade nodded.

My heart clenched.

"But it's okay, we have you and Baba Jack back then. Now we're happier because we have our real Dada too."

But suddenly their eyes both saddened.

"Too bad Baba Jack isn't around anymore." Vius whispered.

My heart clenched tighter. Jack played a big part in the lives of my sons. He was the man who loved the wrong woman.

He loved me even though I loved Hades.

"Well atleast you have your Dada right?" I tried to sound cheerful. They gave me a sad smile.

"Dada is cool. But Baba will forever have a space within our hearts." they said in unison.

Before everything got emotional I smiled when Hades came into the room with the smell of my favorite banana peanut butter pancake. With a fake smile on his face he gave the kids their meal with matching orange juice.

"Enjoy your meal kids. Momma and I will talk for a while." he added. The kids just nodded.

My heartbeat raced.

I gulped as he motioned me to follow him outside. I glanced at our two boys and smiled at them before following their father outside. I smiled when we went to our favorite garden. The ones full of crystals, our second favorite place.