| quattuordecim |

My mind was wandering around.

I was looking outside the window of Sujie's room. It was dark. Night time hits different in the countryside. It looked so peaceful yet so dark. She's sleeping peacefully beside me. You can say that she is at peace. Something I am aiming for.

My stay in this dimension was longer than expected. I like it here. Sujie's parents were accommodating. She was very bubbly but she gets so feisty when you mess with her when she's doing school stuff. Her face crumples.

I sighed.

Who would have thought that this girl had a rough life? Her and her friends. They were so happy. When I asked them how were they happy, Kate answered.

"It's actually hard to be happy on hard times. Sometimes you just have to be sad because all feelings are valid. But life is too short to be miserable. I know it's hard but it's a process. Choose to be happy. Easier said than done but choosing to be happy means valuing the people around you. Don't ask for more and just count your own blessings." she said.

Kate herself had a very rough childhood. She grew up protecting Sujie and Sujie grew up to be the family that Kate needed. Their bond is so strong that it's more stronger than sisterhood. I asked Kate when we were playing truth or dare that why haven't she given up in life, her answer rang a bell inside of me.

"I haven't given up because I still have someone to protect. If I fall down then who would protect her?" She said and glanced at Sujie.

Sujie was teary eyed but she managed to stop the tears and smiled.

No wonder Sujie got through it all, she had wonderful people in her life that supported her no matter what.

I, on the other hand, pushed everyone away cause I was too scared.

"You can't sleep again? I told you, stop thinking too much. Too much stress causes insomnia."

I smiled and looked at Sujie.

She sighed.

"You're thinking about your what ifs again huh? The one that what if you didn't push away the ones you love?" She asked.

I nodded slowly.

"Vweu, everything happens for a reason. Malay mo kaya mo pinush away yung mga taong yun kasi hindi talaga sila deserving ng trust? Ngayon na nandito ka, siguro ito na yung way nang pagsabi ni God na magtiwala ka na daw. Mahirap mamatay ng mag isa no."

I chuckled but wondered.

"Who's the God that you're talking about?" She's been talking about a certain God lately that wasn't named. He's like Zeus or something.

She sighed.

"Our God is the one who created the heavens and earth. He created every galaxy, dimensions and such."

My mouth gapped.

"Even us?" I asked.

She nodded,

"But how?" I couldn't believe it, it couldn't be true.

She smiled.

"Our God is the almighty God without a specific name. He was the one who created everything by his words. This is obvious because how can one live in this earth? How can someone be alive without him?"