Like seriously, this is so childish.

"Go to hell then, both you and your Sir." I snapped at him, my frustation with Akshay and Kirti di finally seeping out.

When I realised I have unnecessarily snapped at him, I quickly apologised.I myself took half of the grocercies and went inside.

As I enetered, I was stopped by a deep voice which was of none other than my sweet darling husband. Sarcasm Noted.

"I see the servants know their place and their work." He taunted me and I immediately understood what the situation was.

Everyone was in the living room. A worried Ma, smug Kirti di, Dadi and an angry bull.

"Oh I see, what this is all about. " I muttered to myself. I put the groceries down and turned to face him.

He looked devilishly handsome sitting on the sofa alone.

"If I am doing work for my home that does not imply that I am servant." I answered his unasked question.

"Then how dare you implied that Kirti is my servant?" He shouted at me. For once my composure faltered but I composed myself because I know he will not hurt me.

"Technically she is." I sweetly replied. This angered him and he stood in front of me and made a move to slap me but I had anticipated his move and hold his hand.

"Don't even dare, Mr. Singhania. I am not some weak, illiterate woman who does not know how to defend herself- verbally and physically. This was your first mistake, I am letting it go but next time don't even try."

I leave his wrist. I guess everyone was shocked at my move and I did not want to disrespect my husband, so I added to nullify the aftershocks. "If I will be at fault, I myself will be standing here and asking you to slap me."

"Anyway, you were not told the entire truth but that is immaterial here. I just wanted Kirti di to understand the importance of being independent. Because once you are independent it gives you strength to fight for what you stands for. I agree she has you, Papa, Ma and her soon to be husband to support her but a fight for self respect is only won when you herself take a stand for yourself."

I took a deep breath and continued.

"Being her divorcee..."

"Don't even try go there." Kirti di interrupted me.

"Let me finish." I snapped louder than hers and faced her.

"You will have to face every day the humiliation of being divorcee even when you have not committed any mistake. It is not a divorcee men who have to listen all the taunts and what not, it is always a woman. So its better if you make yourself strong. I have seen how woman have to be at backlash from everywhere." I controlled my emotions as I was reminded of my friend Kruna.

{}

Kirti's POV:

"Only you will be able to fight for yourself Kirti di no one else, no one else." She wishpered last part to me and ran from there. Her tears were flowing. Her eyes conveying the horrors she had seen.

Her words reminded me of all the talks I have been a part of. Of all the fingers pointed at me. She is right. Now I understood why she brought it up. She wanted to make me understand how important it is to fight your battles.

I wiped away my tears. Akshay was just going after her, when I stopped him.

"Akshay, I want to work." He turned towards me and nodded.

"Tommorrow, be at office 09:00 a:m."

"Akshay, one more thing. Can you ask, sorry order, Sanjana to accompany me for first day?" I tried to add a little humour.

He smiled, came to me and hugged me.

"Ofcourse, I had already ordered her to accompany you till your wedding." And I groaned listening to that.

His every decision, has always been fruitful for me.

"Thank You." I whispered to him.

"It is my duty to protect you, to let you grow and learn Kirti. Never say thank you."

{}

Akshay's POV:

I never had an intention to raise hand at Sanjana but I did know, it will make understand Kirti the importance of being able to fight for herself. In her previous marriage, she had let gone such things. Now, she will understood that how harmful can it be for her.

I knocked the room and enter. Sanjana was seating on the sofa and crying her heart out.

She is so sensitive yet so storng at same time. Whether she has to fight for her self respect or my mum's, she never back down. Whether it is a question of showing Dadi or me my place, she never backs down. And here she is crying for the pain someone close to her have endured.

"Sanjana.." I called out. She for a second glanced at me and then leapt out of her position and hugged me hard.

For the first time, my heart skipped a beat.

{}