16 | It's Business

Listening to my idiotic brother's squabble about god knows what is giving me a headache, Dom and Luc are fighting about something whilst Gio is just sitting on the couch completely relaxed watching with amusement

Listening to my idiotic brother's squabble about god knows what is giving me a headache, Dom and Luc are fighting about something whilst Gio is just sitting on the couch completely relaxed watching with amusement. Vince is in the middle of them both trying to calm them down, both of them being stubborn and ignoring his pleas.

Groaning, I run a hand through my hair leaning back in my seat. I need some fucking Advil or something. Dad is sitting at his desk glaring at his phone sitting in his hand.

"Why did she even punch the girl? The principal said that the girl was barely recognizable?" Dad sighs frustrated.

I don't even know the answer to that, so how am I meant to give them an answer, the only person who knows is Val and maybe Nate since he was there.

Dad looks at us, "you three were meant to be looking out for her. I'm highly disappointed in you all."

How were we meant to know that something like this would happen?

"Maybe it was a jealousy thing, the girl was jealous or intimidated by Val." Gio reasons.

"Possibly but she took it too far, we need to talk to her. Tell her that this can't happen again." Luc suggests, taking a swig from his glass of whiskey.

"She's not going to listen to any of you." A voice says.

We all turn to look at the person who interrupted our conversation. Standing at the door is Nate with a smug look on his face.

"Care to explain to us why she put a girl in the hospital then?" Luc seethes, clearly displeased with the interruption.

"Yeah, no. Just know it was with good intentions. Nobody messes with Val and gets away with it, you should all know what I mean it's in the Rossi blood right?" Quirking an eyebrow, the smug fucker smirks.

No one says anything knowing he's right, we never let anyone walk all over us or it ends up a blood bath. I mean we run a mafia for crying out loud, we are a force to be reckoned with. We have to tell Val that we run the Italian Mafia, I'm scared of how she'll react, I don't want her to hate us. My heart couldn't take it if she was to leave, we only just got her back.

We could always keep it from her but then lying to her could push her away, either way, we a fucking screwed.

"Where is she?" Vince asks.

"She's in the library reading. Anyway, I'm here because you asked to see me about signing some papers for the adoption process." Nate smiles.

"Uh yes, please sit down." Dad gestures to one of the empty seats in front of his desk.

"Well, I'm going to go to the gym and work out, you coming to Dom?" I ask tilting my head in Dom's direction. He grunts out a yes, standing we make our way out of Dad's office.

D I A V O L A

"I think we're all done here Nate, I'll fax these through immediately —" dad clears his throat, "I just want to say thank you for everything you've done for my daughter and sticking by her side throughout these years

"I think we're all done here Nate, I'll fax these through immediately —" dad clears his throat, "I just want to say thank you for everything you've done for my daughter and sticking by her side throughout these years. I couldn't possibly imagine what you both have been through, maybe you and Valentina will let us in when you're both ready."

Nate nods his head with a smile on his lips, "of course, thank you for this. I had a family when I was little but they didn't want me, they never loved me. Val was the one who showed me what love is."

Dad has a proud look adorning his face, he glances around to me, Luc, and Vince, "welcome to the family Nathaniel."

Squealing, Valentina barges into the office wrapping Nate in a huge hug squeezing the life out of him.

When did she get here?

She looks so happy, I would do anything to keep my sorellina happy. Dad's right, I hope they both eventually let us in and let us know what happened to them.

Dad breaks my thoughts, "I hope you don't mind but your brothers and I have some things to discuss."

"Oh. What might they be?" Val retorts.

"It's business." Dad simply shrugs. Valentina huffs in response pouting, "whatever" she grumbles.

Once they leave, I turn to face my dad, "we have to tell her about our business legal and illegal. She has a right to know —" shrugging I continue, "they both do."

Dads frowning while Luc and Vince glare at the floor, obviously thinking about what I said.

"She's not ready, we can start with keeping her safe first, I'll ask Messiah to train her so she can protect herself." Dad reasons.

Glaring at dad, "when will she ever be ready? It's not good enough. She'll start asking questions if we get Messiah to start training her, do you three have the answers apart from 'self-defense'? She looked like she could handle herself this morning."

Dad sighs rubbing a hand down his face, "It's a start, do not question me. Luciano please ask Felix to takeover guarding Val and summon Messiah to my office."

Luc nods, getting up and quickly leaving the room. Deafening silence surrounding us. I hesitantly get up and leave as well, leaving without saying a word. No point in arguing with the man, he is our father after all and he only has our best interests at heart.

Heading to my room, I lay down on my bed grabbing my phone texting Andrè,

Gio🤓: Bored af. Wanna come over?
Drè💩: Yeah, I'll be over in 20.

Exhaling, I put my phone away and wait for Drè to get here. I'm glad I have a friend like him, even though it was inevitable being that his father is one of our allies. It's always good to talk to someone about our life and not get judged.

I just don't want Val to judge us. I wouldn't even blame her if she did. We've done horrible things.

 We've done horrible things