Beach Love part 7

Start from the beginning

I sighed, irritated, then looked back at Brady. Brady threw his arms into the air. "Hey, I was just saying my opinion. Don't blame me, that's just what he looks like." I nodded, understanding Brady's point of view. Also wanting to drop the subject. "Yeah I know. I'm sorry I snapped. I just am really frustrated with this whole scenario. I'm really sorry. I...I think I'm going to go take a shower." I decided, feeling guilty about snapping at Brady. "Okay, wait, I just wanted to throw this idea out there, but I was thinking that, I know the beaches aren't the best here, but maybe we could throw a party this weekend? You know, invite some of your friends so I can get to know them better."

Hmm...this might be a good idea. If I invite my friends, I could also invite 'him'. Which would give me some quality time to talk to him. The only thing is, if he's high or drunk or something then he wont be talkable. He'll be too out of it to be able to understand anything I'm saying or to take in anything I'm saying. But I had to try. Before I go to drastic measures, I want to see how much of the old AJ's in there. I know there's some, but I need to know how much. How much I have to work for to get him back.

"Actually, that sounds kind of perfect." I laughed. "Okay, I'll be right back. At the most, thirty minutes." I promised, then ran off to the upstairs bathroom.

I started slipping off my pajama short shorts and tank top, then my underwear and bra. Turning the water on to a nice warm temperature, I jumped into the shower.

Brady was so sweet. I could tell he was genuinely worried about my safety and, more importantly, about me, period. I knew he wasn't trying to diss on AJ or anything, he was just trying to watch out for me. Be there for me. Another thing about Brady though, is he will always have a bit of a jealous side to him. I don't think it really matters who's my boyfriend, he'll find something wrong with him. Just because he's never let me go.

From the encounter with AJ, it sounds like he hasn't either. My brain was just so scattered right now that I didn't know what to do.

The shower felt so good. The warm water flowed over my hair and made it feel so smooth. Then across the rest of my body, rinsing it from all it's griminess. Not that I was really dirty or anything, but it just felt good to cleanse myself. When I took a shower, it almost felt like everything got cleansed, including my thoughts.

I finally stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel around me. Then, got another towel and wrapped my hair in it.

Maybe I was just going about this all wrong. Maybe doing something to help AJ out would help me out too. Get to know him all over again.

When I found my way in front of the mirror, I noticed something. I leaned forward and rubbed underneath my eyes. Either I've lost a lot of sleep in the past few days without noticing, or something was making my eyes all purple and blue.

Also, I was getting noticeably paler. Which was very unusual for me. I sighed. What was I doing. Depression was taking over my life so much since I left AJ and now look what it's gotten to. I think we both are feeling the same way. I need to talk to him. I couldn't leave him like this. I love him. Even though he was messed up right now, and I shouldn't get involved, I needed to. He was the love of my life...I think.

But would the love of my life be a druggy? Like Brady said, how could I end up with someone like that? Sometimes all you can do is tough love. It's hard to do, but sometimes that's the only option. And, would if someone loved me so unconditionally would he do this to me? Make me go through this much pain?

Well, I guess I do have to realize that I was the one who left him. So technically it wasn't his fault. But at the same time, it was. He was the one who had to go into that whole drug state of mind. Another factor is that I don't know his family life. He could be abused at home, or he could live around drugs, or he could have like a really rich family that he feels like he needs to sneak places to do anything. I just don't know.