09 | Awkward

I'm so nervous, I haven't seen our baby sister since she was five, I remember it like it was yesterday when she was taken away from us

I'm so nervous, I haven't seen our baby sister since she was five, I remember it like it was yesterday when she was taken away from us. I understand why mother did it, the business we're in isn't safe for her. I want to keep her away from this business, but if she comes back home, how are we going to keep her away from this life? I guess we'll soon find out.

We finally pull up to the local station. I can't believe she's been here the whole time, right under our noses. We exit the vehicles and enter the station, father leads us all to the front desk.

"I'm here to pick up my daughter, Valentina Rossi."

The lady at the desk looks up and flinches when she sees us all standing in front of her. I don't blame her ten men are hovering over her.

"Yes, let me call the captain. If you could wait patiently he'll escort you to where they're holding her, in the meanwhile could you please fill out this paperwork and provide payment information for Valentina's and Nathaniel's bond." The lady shoves paperwork towards our father and hands him a pen, he immediately starts filling it out.

"Messiah, get Felix and search the parameter before I bring my daughter out. I don't want any surprises whilst we leave." Messiah nods and bows before leaving.

I sit down in the waiting area. I have this nervous habit of biting my fingernails when I'm extremely nervous, I'm not even aware I'm doing it half the time. Nicolo comes over and sits beside me, he smacks my hand away from my mouth to stop me from biting my nails, I flip him off and huff in my seat, Nicolo just shrugs at me.

"Excuse me, which one of you is Mr. Rossi?"

We all snap our heads in the direction of the voice. Surprise none of us got fucking whiplash. Our father stands up, the officer or captain or whoever the fuck he escorts him to where our sister is.

Not long now and we'll be reunited with our sorellina

D I A V O L A

"Don, the parameter is clear. We will guard the entrance and wait for you." Felix says interrupting our thoughts. Messiah nods confirming Felix's statement. Luciano nods and dismisses them.

Two officers walk towards us, telling us to follow them to one of the interrogation rooms where they're holding Val.

We all enter a small room, where there is a window that we can see into the interrogation room. There sits a girl and boy handcuffed, and an officer and our father sitting next to the girl.

Dom scoffs, "That must be Nathaniel, I've never seen him before. He looks like he's falling asleep."

We watch as Val leans over father and flicks the boy's forehead, the boy wakes and flips Val off. Father is looking between the two, looking amused.

"Valentina, we asked you and we will ask you again. Where have you been these past few years? We can't find any record or information about you or your friend here, but suddenly poof here you are." The officer asks.