Epilogue

Jared groggily opened his eyes. He waited patiently for the impact of the hangover to hit him but was met with nothing.

That's strange.

He felt weird, but not in a good way. He didn't know how to describe it…he just felt it.

He stared at the wall in front of him and frowned. He didn't remember the house having any plain white wall. The smell of antiseptic and bleach flooded his nostrils causing him to scrunch them.

He finally allowed his eyes to roam the room so he could get familiar with his new environment. But what he wasn't expecting was to see a pair of light brown eyes staring at him from across the room. He didn't know what to say, so he just stared.

"What were you thinking?"

"I-"

"Alcohol and pills? Really?! If you were trying to give me a heart attack then congratulations! I almost had one! Were you trying to kill yourself?! For fuck's sake what were you thinking?!"

"I wasn't."

"So you tried to kill yourself? Why would you do that?!"

"What else do I have to live for?! Everything, everyone is gone! I have nothing!"

"That's not true."

"You're leaving me, my parents won't even speak to me! My sister and my best friend each hate me! My entire image and company has been ruined! Why are you even here?! You shouldn't be here…not after everything I did."

"I couldn't just leave you there to die."

"You should have, it would have been better that way,"

"Would you quit saying that?!"

"No one cares! No one loves me-"

"Do you really think I'd be here if I didn't?" Aria snapped in anger, "I still fucking love you while I'm trying really hard to hate you."

"Aria…"

"You have absolutely no idea of what you did to me. You tore me apart…but here I am saving your sorry ass. Why am I even here?!"

"You're right, why are you even here? I don't deserve you. I've been piling my responsibilities on you since the day we met, I've caused you pain, I've done everything wrong from the start…but you're still here."

"This is the last time King." Aria stated as she stood up, she was almost halfway across the room when Jared noticed the paper in her hands. He tensed.

"You read the letter."

"I did."

"I wanted to tell you, but…

"You didn't think I would understand?"

"I was scared…"

" And you think I wasn't?! I was fucking terrified! I wasn't ready to be a mother! I didn't even know the first thing about motherhood."

She threw her hands up in frustration.

"Jared everyday, for two months I would wait for you to come home. But you never showed, I felt like I wasn't…enough."

"Aria." He breathed.

She wiped her tears with her hand but found it pointless, so she let them flow.

"It felt like my child and I weren't enough for you. I cried myself to sleep every damn night hoping that one day you'd come and wrap your hands around me like you used to do. Your letter is wrong, I'm not perfect, I also have several flaws. I wasn't going to leave you, you didn't trust me enough to believe that I wasn't leaving you."

"But you're still leaving me."

"Because you didn't trust me! I'm leaving because I want you to feel pain. I want you to feel the pain I felt. I told you that I staying but you didn't trust me, you pushed me away-"

"How was I supposed to believe you when all you wanted to do from the start was leave this marriage?! I had ever right not to trust you. For all I know, you could have been cuddling with your Nigerian love sick puppy."

A look of hurt crossed Aria's face but she masked it with a blank look.

"I never cheated on you. We had a lot of issues Jared, I guess it took the death of our child to make us realise it."

"I guess so."

"I have to go."

"Go ahead, leave, like you were planning to the entire time."

"At least I didn't run away from my responsibilities." Aria stated before walking out.

***
नमस्कार!🤗
So the epilogue is in two parts, watch out for my next update.
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!