20

Jared let out a loud sigh as he closed the door of the suite. Aria was seated in the lounge with her new best friend, alcohol. She had been drinking herself to sleep every day since the beginning of their 2 week honeymoon in Paris.

" You need to stop drinking."

She said nothing in response.

" Aria."

" Fuck off." She slurred as she stood up- stumbling a bit in the process, but regaining her balance- and made her way to her room. Jade had been the one in charge of booking an hotel room so she had booked a suite with two separate rooms.

Jared decided he'd had enough and called the one person he knew that could talk sense into her.

" Hello?"

" Hey Zayn."

" Jared, hey what's up?"

" She's been drinking."

" What?, Aria doesn't drink well apart from the occasional champagne, cocktails and win-"

" Well she has, every day, nonstop. You have to talk to her. I've tried to but…she's not listening to me."

" Of course she won't. She's as stubborn as a mule." He muttered.
" I'll see what I can do but I can't guarantee that she'll actually listen to me."

" Thanks man." 

" Piece of advice Jared, with Aria, patience is key."

" Noted. Thank you."

" Yeah."

***

" I'm going to see Jacob." Jared stated as he watched Aria sprawled on the couch watching TV while of course, drinking. 

The couple after coming back from their honeymoon had settled in the 'home' Ryan King had gifted them on their wedding.

He waited for a response but in the absence of none, he picked up his keys and left.

" I'm coming." Aria yelled. She was slightly tipsy but not drunk. She opened the door to see her best friend.
" Zayn, what are you doing here? And why are there two of you?"

" Okay you're obviously drunk."

" I'm not drunk." She retorted folding her arms. She turned to walk away but tripped over thin air.
" Okay maybe I'm a little bit tipsy." She admitted trying to stand.

" Alright, get up." 

He offered her a hand a led her to the sofa.

" Since when do you drink?"

" Since I got married." She replied smoothly.

" Aria drinking is bad for you. You're slowly killing yourself."

" Anything that kills makes me feel alive." 

She took another swing.

" You can't keep doing this to yourself. Drowning your liver in liquor is not going to solve anything.

" I'm in pain and this-" She raised the bottle of liquor.
" -helps to numb it."

" I don't know what to say to you."

" You don't have to say anything, you could just join me."

***

" I've had enough of this!" Jared stated snatching the bottle from Aria and throwing it against the wall.

Aria stared at the broken bottle with pale red liquid trickling onto the floor and then back at Jared.
" That was a 2018 Penfold 60th anniversary limited release Cabernet Shiraz. That costs-"

" I don't care how much it fucking costs!"

She flinched at the volume of his voice.

He noticed the slight action and lowered his tone.

" I know you're trying to hurt me but please don't hurt yourself in the process. This is not you; drinking isn't going to solve anything. Aria, please…I am begging you to stop" He paused.
"

It's not like you listen to me anyway, what's the point." He said quietly as he made his way up the stairs to his room.

***

Jared was met with a pile of gift bags in the kitchen the following morning. And inside the kitchen was also a sober Aria with cards in her hands.

" Good morning."

She responded with a slight nod.

" You're giving it all out?" He asked.

" I'd be tempted to continue. It's either all or none."

" All it is."
" I have to go, duty calls."

" Whatever." She mumbled.

He smiled.

" Thank you." 

He paused, his smile growing wider with each passing second.

" Anything for my darling wife." He teased.

" Bastard."

And she's back 

***

Γειά σου!🤗,

Here's an update. I hope you liked it.
I woke up this morning to see 288 reads, damn! You my dear readers, are amazing.

So far, how has the book been and how has been my writing?🌝

Stay safe 😷.

Bye!!