63

"How are you feeling today?" Zayn asked his best friend softly. He sat by her side on the bed and held her hand.

"I'm not going to lie to you, I'm not good. I'm angry and tired and…sad."

Tears began to pool in her eyes as she recalled everything that had happened the previous day.

"I never got to know if it was a boy or a girl. I-I-I had these plans you know; if it was a girl, she would have been Sapphire and…she would have had my second name, Imade. Sapphire Imade King. If it was a boy, he would have been Lucas, Jared's name and his second name would have been Ademide. But-"

"It's okay Aria." Zayn cooed as he hugged her. His phone began to ring, "Hello?, okay…thank you. Yes, and you too."

"Is that…"

"Yeah, the papers are ready."

She sighed.

"Do you think I'm pathetic?"

"Why'd you ask that?"

"Because I think I am. I still love Jared, even after everything. It's just so pathetic that I love him after what he did."

"It's normal. You won't just stop loving him immediately, it'll take a while."

"I don't want to… I should have never opened up. Why did I fall in love?"

Murderous thoughts ran through Zayn's head as he watched Aria cry. The once indifferent woman with a cold heart had been broken, her heart shattered to bits.

Aria finally fell asleep after she had cried her eyes out. Dr Fiona walked in to see Zayn on the bed with Aria cradled in his arms.

"I'm sorry, she was crying and she needed warmth."

" It's fine." Dr Fiona replied with a sad smile. "She should be able to leave in a few hours. Patients are usually allowed to leave about 2-7 hours after evacuation but Mrs King needed close monitoring."

"I understand."

"The slight injures she suffered due to fall is what prolonged the stay."

"Did the baby have any chance of survival?"

"I'm sorry, it didn't. She was at a high risk of having a miscarriage due to the alcohol intake at the beginning of her pregnancy but that fall…I don't think any pregnant woman would have survived that with losing her child.

Zayn brushed her hair back slightly causing her to stir.

"I'm sorry, I just can't bear to see her like this knowing it's my fault that she married that bastard." He sighed.

"And unfortunately, the meds can only take away the physical pain, not the mental one. I mean having a miscarriage is a huge thing. It can take months or years to recover mentally. Some women never recover from the trauma."

"How can I help?"

"Your best bet is therapy."

"Thank you Dr Fiona."

"It's my pleasure."

***

"How long was I out for?" Aria asked groggily, yawning slightly.

"About 2 hours."

"Damn." She mumbled as she stretched.

"Would you like to see Dr Kim again?"

"Dr Kim?, Why?"

"Don't you think you need to talk to someone about…everything?"

"I'm talking to you aren't I?"

"Yeah but…I'm not a professional. I don't know what to do or say to help you."

"I'll go see her, Lord knows I need to."

***

"Now here's a face I didn't think I'd be seeing for a while." Dr Kim mused as Aria entered her office. Aria rolled her eyes as she sat on the sofa opposite the therapist.
"How have you been?"

"Fan-fucking-tastic!"

"I'm guessing things haven't been that good."

"What gave it away?" Aria asked sarcastically.

"So, what happened this time?"

"It's a long story." Aria sighed as she flicked the invisible dirt off her dress.

"We have plenty of time."

"I was forced into my marriage,"

"Called it!" Dr Kim exclaimed earning a glare from Aria, "I'm sorry, continue."

"It started with my parents but they got over it and then Jared blackmailed me by using my best friend, Zayn. Though he apologized and confessed his feelings, it was too late to call off the wedding because of my dad's illness. We got married and then a lot of things happened, we fought and argued… eventually-"

"You fell in love."

"Yeah." She replied quietly staring intently at the ring that on her finger. "Everything was so great, we were happy and I…I was-"

"Here." Dr Kim said softly as she passed Aria the tissue box.

"Thank you,"

Aria dabbed her eyes and bunched the tissue in her hands.

"It felt like that piece…the piece that I didn't even know was missing…had been found. And then I got pregnant."

"You didn't…"

"We did. Oh God we did. I…just…got pregnant. He left. He just walked out."

"Wait you said you were…"

"I lost the baby!" Aria cried.

"I'm so sorry."

"Don't be, it's not your fault. Three days ago, I had a miscarriage and I had to have an evacuation. I was more than 5 months gone."

I'm so sorry-"

"He came to pick some files and I happened to be home. Two months, I didn't see him for two months. I begged him to stay. He left. I wanted to go after him, I wanted to drive."

"Oh dear,"

"Yeah, I fell down the stairs."

"He came to the hospital didn't he?"

"He did."

"Bastard." Dr Kim spat wiping her tears.

Aria was taken aback by her therapist's statement and laughed.

"I filed for a divorce."

"Do you want a divorce?"

" I don't know." Aria breathed, "I don't know…I don't know."

"I can't exactly tell you what to do, this is so damn complicated. But what I do know is that you're still in love with him. Think things through before you make any decision you'll regret."

***
Bongu!🤗,
How are you?🙃
Okay so I have two questions today,
If you had the opportunity to be a character in my book,who would you be?
If you had the opportunity to change one scene in my book, which scene would it be?
Let me know your answers by dropping 'em in the comment section.
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!