32

As Aria groggily opened her eyes, she was met with the bright lights of the room causing her to squint. She groaned.

" Imade." Her mother called.

" Water." She managed to rasp.

Her mother helped her sit up then guided a straw to her lips. She sucked greedily till she had had enough.

" Do you need more?"

She shook her head slowly.

" What…happened?" 

" You were involved in an accident. What do you remember?"

" I remember being in the car with Bella…there was a blue car and…everything else is blank."

" It's okay honey, don't stress over it. I'll go get the doctor."

***

" Mum I'm back, I can…"

Jared's voice trailed off as he stared at his conscious wife. Aria and her mother turned to stare at him. He gulped.

" You're back!"

" Y-yes." Jared stammered.

" You know Jared never left your side while you were unconscious. I had to convince him to go clean up and get some well deserved rest. You have such a caring husband!"

Aria didn't say anything, she just stared. They hadn't been on good terms the last time they had seen each other.

" I'll give you some privacy." Her mother muttered walking out of the room.

Jared stood there, staring. He made no move to approach her; he wasn't sure if she even wanted him there.

" Shouldn't you be in France?, The conference doesn't end for another week."

" I was but I left as soon as I got a call that you were in the hospital." He replied.

" Aren't you tired of standing?" She asked in a groggy tone.

" I'm not exactly sure if you want to see me."

" Come sit." 

His legs were already moving before his mind could finish processing the reply. He had missed her so much.

A comfortable silence filled the room.

" I'm sorry." They both mumbled simultaneously.
" You go first!" They blurted out and then chuckled.

" You go first." He urged.

" I'm sorry."

" For what exactly?"

" Everything. I'm sorry for hurting you. I guess I was just bitter about being married that I decided to ignore good things you did for me; I mean you were trying to help my dad and I was being a bitch."

" It's partly my fault. I forced you to get married to me because I was too scared to tell you how I felt. I'm sorry I got mad at you for bringing your friend home-"

" You had every right to. Everything that happened was my fault."

" So truce?"