55

" You're not wearing that." Jared stated firmly as he watched his wife approach.

" Why the hell not?" She retorted folding her arms. His eyes trailed down to her exposed cleavage that had been made obvious by her folded arms.

" Because I said so."

" Really?, You're gonna be like this?, May I remind of what happened the last time you tried to dictate my dress code?"

He cringed at the thought.

" I'm not to dictating what you can or can not wear, I'm only saying that I don't want you to wear this dress."

" Why?"

" It's too sexy."

" Jared, I've worn sexier dresses than this! I asked Zayn to tone it down."

" Why do you have to be so dazzling?" He groaned.

" I don't know Jared." She replied with an amused smile.
" I was blessed with it."

" Your body's meant for my eyes and my eyes alone."

Aria rolled her eyes and pushed him back lightly.

" Let's go."

***

" You're early." Zayn mused as the young couple entered the event hall.

" Early?, The party started minutes ago." Aria replied.

" Yeah but we figured you two would have a quickie before coming."

Aria turned red at her best friend's statement and glared.

" Zayn!"

" What?! You guys are worse than rabbits."

Jared chuckled at Aria's expression

" He's not wrong though." Jared admitted. Aria glared at him then walked off.

" You two are insufferable." She spat as she walked off to greet her parents.

***

" I can't believe this is the last day of the year; it went by so fast." Bella mused swirling around the champagne in her glass.

" Tell me about it." Jade replied.

" I can't believe I got married this year." Aria admitted as she sipped her champagne.
" This year was such a rollercoaster."

" It's time for the speech." Jade said quieting them.

" Good evening everyone, I hope you're having a great time." Ryan King said. The crowd echoed their pleasure.
" Normally I would be the one giving the speech but this year I'm passing the responsibility onto my son, Jared. Jared please come up."

Jared gave Aria's hand a light squeeze before walking off to join his father on stage.

" Hello earthlings!" He greeted earning a chuckle from the audience.

Aria face palmed and shook her head slightly.

" I honestly had a genuine reason for starting with that; for those who do not know my wife, she's the one with her hands over her eyes. Ladies and gentlemen, Aria King!"

The guests turned towards her and began applauding.

" I had no idea that I was going to be taking the speech this year so I really do not have anything planned. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a lot to be thankful for. This year has been an amazing year for me. Business wise, We got a lot of contracts and made an outstanding profit.

But, I'm most especially grateful for my marriage which to me is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Through the union I met people that I could call friends, and now family."

Bella and Zayn smiled and entwined their hands.

" It also gave me wonderful in-laws that I can proudly call parents. And best of all, it gave me a best friend, a soul mate, my universe, Aria. I'd been in love with her for years but fate finally gave me a chance this year and I'm so glad it didn't pass me by. I love you Aria King, past the moon and beyond the stars."

" I love you too." Aria mumbled as she wiped her tears. She stood up, walked to the stage then kissed him. The guests 'awwned' at their display of affection.

" Enjoy the rest of the night!"
" I know I will." He added earning a chuckle from the guests.

***

" It's almost time for the count down." Jade groaned.

" So?"

" What happens when the clock strikes 12 on New year's?"

" Couples kiss." Bella giggled.

" Need I remind you that I am single?!" Jade grunted. She looked at the couples who were slow dancing and scowled.

" Of course you're single, just look at that face." Jared said.

" Jared!" Aria warned.

" Fuck you." Jade replied raising her middle fingers.

" Hey!" A new voice greeted with a slight British accent.

They looked up to see a datk eyed brunette standing by their table with a polite smile. He was smiling at them all but his eyes were on Jade.

" Hello." They all replied.

" Hey listen, I heard you saying something about being single…uhm…I'm also single and it's gonna be awkward to stand…" He began rambling.
" I know I'm rambling, sorry. I was just hoping you and I could kiss so you know, we wouldn't feel left out."

" I shouldn't really agree but you have a lot of courage to walk up here and I admire that, so I'll say yes." Jade replied smiling.

" Awesome, I'm Mark by the way."

" Mark? I don't mean to be ruse but-"

" It's not Asian like?"

" Yeah, sorry."

" There's no reason to apologize. My parents moved here from Korea when I was eight so they named me Mark so I could fit in better." He explained.

" Oh, let's continue this is in private." Jade said smirking.

" Of course."

***

" In 5…4…3…2…1! Happy New year!"

Jared held his wife and dipped her, claiming her lips as his.

" Happy New year Jared."

" Happy New year Aria."

***
Salve🤗!
Finally, an update 😅.
I've been super busy, I'm sorry for keeping y'all waiting.
Happy Holidays 🎉
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!