25.

" We've been invited to a gala." Jared announced as he entered Aria's office.

She looked up from her computer and quirked an eyebrow.

" Yes Jared, you can come in." She stated sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes as he took his seat directly in front of her.

" Aria my dear wife, we are going to the gala."

" Can't, I already have plans."

" You don't even know which day it is."

" I'm pretty sure I have plans." She replied standing up. She walked towards the bookshelf in her office and scanned through the rows of books.

Jared licked his lips as he stared at her perfectly sculpted behind.

" Stop staring at my ass." She stated without looking back.

" I can't help it."
" Aria, come on it's for charity."

" I'm sorry but I'm busy." She replied flipping through a book.

" Great, now I'm gonna have to tell Michellè we're not coming."

" Michelle?"

" It's actually Michellè. Michellè Lira."

Aria froze.

" I'm assume you know her."

She slammed her book shut.

" Unfortunately. We went to the same high school. She's annoying and a manipulative liar."

She spun around to face him and began pacing.

" Why do-"

" She lied to everyone in our school that she's Abraham Lincoln's great great great great grandchild and said a lot of other untrue things. Zayn and I carried out our research and found out it was a lie. Zayn tried to convince her to stop lying and then she tried to frame him of theft. I got mad and exposed her in front of the whole school and she hated us ever since."

She took a deep breath and continued.

" She tried to outshine me by joining every class and club I was in but unfortunately for her, she didn't know that you can not be better than the original. I beat her every single time; class president, valedictorian, most likely to be successful."

" Prom queen?"

" It wasn't my thing so I didn't bother running but if I had I would still have beaten her hands down."

Jared chuckled.

She slammed her hands down on her desk and glared at him.

" I'm sorry is this funny to you?"

" A little bit. It's so nice to know that you hate someone else other than me."

" I don't hate her. Hating her would mean I actually care about her. I don't. She's not a threat and she will never be a threat to me."

" Whatever you say. Are we going or not?"

" Oh we're going. It'd be nice to outshine her once again."

She brought out her phone and began punching in numbers.
" Mark, could you please bring the car upfront?, Jared and I are going out. Great. We'll be down shortly."

" Where exactly are we going?" He asked as soon as she ended the call.

She picked up her purse and slipped her phone into it.

" We are going to get you a new suit."

***

" I kind of like this one. With a little bit of tailoring it will fit perfectly."