17

" Aria." Jared called firmly but she ignored him.
" I know you can hear me. I'm sorry! How many times do you want me to apologize?"

She gave him a blank look.

" Your meeting with Lyons Enterprises starts in approximately 20 minutes." She replied cooly walking off.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her into his chest, his dominating side surfacing. She gasped and stared at him, her lips parted in shock. Sea green eyes stared back at her intently hiding dark clouds of emotions and she tried to ignore the tingling sensation she felt from his touch.

" Don't walk away when I'm talking to you." He gritted out. He loosened his grip.
" I'm sorry. I-I-I" He sighed.
" Aria please, forgive me."

" It's a little too late for that." She whispered in response.

He was about to speak when the door of her office opened. They both snapped their heads to see who it was. It was their mothers.

Louis and Elizabeth stared at their children with amused smiles on their faces. The lack of space between their children caused them to grin.

" I hope we're not interrupting anything?"

" You're not." Aria replied clearing her throat as she moved away from Jared.
" Hey."

" Okayyy..." Louis drawled.
" We're stealing Aria for a couple hours."

" No you can't." Jared replied.

" It's a statement, not a request."

" Mum, you can't just barge into my office and steal my personal assistant. We have a very important meeting in" He checked his wristwatch.
" 8 minutes."

" A very important meeting? Then why were you two looking so cozy a few minutes ago?"

" Think of this as practice. You're not going to make Aria work this hard when you get married will you?"

" Of course not!" He replied in an heartbeat.

" Then you need to start learning to be independent." His mother stated and he pouted.

" You can handle the preparations without me." Aria said with a tight lipped smile.

" Today's your fitting silly." Louis giggled.

Her heart dropped.

" Fitting? Isn't it a little too early for...a fitting."

" Oh darling it can never be too early for a fitting!"

A mental image of Aria in a wedding dress crossed his mind and he smiled.

" You have my permission."

His smile soon fell when he noticed the sad look on Aria's face.

" We never needed your permission." His mother replied.

***

" This is perfect Zayn!" Elizabeth squealed in delight.

" I agree. That colour looks magnificent against her skin tone." Louis mused.
" Aria was right, you are a miracle worker."

Zayn grinned.

" Go get changed Imade, we still have a lot to do." Her mother instructed.

" You don't like the dress?" Zayn asked, joining his best friend in the dressing room.

" Of course I do. It's my dream dress. It's just when I pictured myself getting married, it wasn't anything like this. I swear I had a mental panic attack when they told me we were coming for a fitting. Thank God it's just for the party and not the actual wedding itself."

" Oh Aria." He sighed hugging her.

" I feel like I don't have control of my life anymore." She said quietly

" Everything's going to work out."

" And if they don't?"

" They will, trust me."

***

" Guess who's here!" Jade exclaimed in a sing song tone.

" Oh no." Jared sighed.
" What are you doing here?"

" Mum texted, said you'd need company cause she stole your fiancée."

He rolled his eyes.

" I don't need any company, I'm fine on my own."

" Too bad cause I'm not leaving."
" So where are they?"

" Dress fitting. Probably Vera's." He replied without looking up from the document he was reading.

" Vera? As in our Vera?"

" Yes. Aria's best friend works for her."

" Wait!, The tall, cute, blue eyed hottie?, That's Zayn? As in the same Zayn you threatened her with?"

" Yes."

Jade squealed.

" I'm getting married!"

Jared finally looked up and raised an eyebrow.

" Our babies are going to be so cute!"

" I hate to burst your bubble but he has a girlfriend."

Jade frowned.

" Aria never mentioned anything about a girlfriend."

" Well he has a girlfriend thus he's off the market."

She huffed.

" When exactly is the wedding?"

" I don't know. We left the mums in charge."

" You mean she left the mums in charge. Aria wants absolutely nothing to do with the wedding prep." Jade stated causing Jared to glower.
" You told her yet?"

" Yes."

" How'd she take it?"

" I got slapped. Quite hard."

Jade winced.

" Ouch!"

" I guess I deserved it."

" How?"

" I might have accidentally kissed her without her consent." He admitted.

" You deserve far worse."
" I'm going to step back and watch how things will play out between you two. Something tells me it might end in a divorce."

Jared glared.

" Hater."

***

B

onjour!🤗,
How are y'all?
I woke up this morning to see we reached 175 reads, thank you guys so much ❤️.
Awesome= my readers.
Thoughts on Jade?
Don't forget to vote, comment and share
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!