37

" I'm going up to rest." Aria stated picking up her crutches and walking to the carrier by the stairs.
" Have a nice night Jade."

Jared clenched his jaw and stared at the floor. Jade glanced at Aria, she then shifted her gaze to her brother.

" Yeah." Jade mumbled.
" I was here on Tuesday and everything was great! So what could have possibly happened between Tuesday and Thursday?" Jade questioned once Aria was out of hearing range.

" A lot."

" Spill."

" I booked her an appointment with a therapist and she got mad and started yelling, I got mad and yelled back, she kicked me out of the room and I-"

" You're sharing a room?"

" Yes? I don't see how that's-"

" Why didn't you tell me?! That's a huge step forward!"

" It's temporary. She's staying in my room till she gets better. So she kicked me out, I walked out and we haven't spoken since then."

Jade threw her brother an amused smile.

" What's so funny?"

" You and Aria are so similar that honestly, it scares me."

" How are we similar?" Jared asked his sister narrowing his eyes in suspicion.

" Do you remember that time back when we were in highschool that you broke your arm on the court?"

" Yes." He replied slowly.

" You had vowed never to play basketball ever again."

" I don't recall ever saying that."

" Well you did. Mum wanted you to see a therapist so you could overcome your fear but you kept insisting that you were fine. And when she forced you to see Dr Tahir you didn't speak to her for weeks."

He furrowed his eyebrows.
" I did?"

" Yes. She was so upset! But your stubbornness finally wore her out and she stopped forcing you to go."

" But I kept going anyway." Jared replied quietly.

" Because you knew you had a problem, you just wanted to confront it on your own terms."
" And that's the same thing that Aria wants. You both hate being pushed; you both like doing things because you want to, not because you were asked to. You're both mule headed-"

He glowered.

"-and persistent. Give her time to figure things out."

" Everyone keeps telling me to give her time but I don't have time! She's going to leave as soon as her dad gets better."

" If you do as we say you might be able to convince her to stay." Jade retorted.

" You know, I'm the older one, I'm supposed to be the one giving you love advice not the other way around."

" Well I'm the wiser one so..."

" I swear to God I will throw you out."

" I love you too Lukie poo."

***

" Aria, can I come in?" Jared asked as he knocked on the door to their room.

" It's open." Aria muttered in response.

He entered the room and found her stretched out on the couch.

" I'm sorry."

" No you're not."

" You're right, I'm not."

" Then why are you here?"

" Because you're mad and I don't like it when you're mad at me." He admitted sitting on the table in front of her.
" I'm sorry for not asking you before I booked the appointment but I'm not sorry for booking the appointment. I was just tired of feeling useless."

" You're not useless." Aria stated sitting up.

" I feel useless. Every day you wake up thrashing and screaming; some days you cry, others you puke your guts out. And each day I have to stand there and watch, unable to do anything."
" I watched you become a hollow of yourself. You became quiet, detached, easily angered..."

He sighed.

" Gone was the sarcastic, blunt and outspoken woman I fell in love with."

" I saw Dr Kim yesterday." She mumbled.

" What? Matt told me you went to see your parents."

" It was after the appointment."

" Why did you go?"

" I don't like it when you're mad at me." She muttered playing with her fingers as she tried to avoid eye contact.

He cracked a smile.

" I wanted to tell you but I was feeling so guilty for yelling at you."
" You were right, I do have PTSD."

She let out a shaky breath.

" I need help." She mumbled.

Tears began rolling down her cheeks, se hastily wiped them.

Jared stood up from the table and sat next to her, he pulled her into his chest as she sobbed.

" I n-n-need help. The nightmares, I can't-"

" Sssshhh." He cooed brushing her hair back.
" Dr Kim is going to help you, I'll help you. Zayn, Bella, Jade, Jacob...we'll all help you. You'll be fine Aria, I promise."

***
Сәлеметсіз бе!🤗,
How's everyone doing?
I hope you're doing great.
Who's your favourite character so far?
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!