31

"I'm sorry." Bella sobbed.

Zayn held her tightly wiping her tears as they flowed.

" I-I-I- s-s-s-"

" It's okay Bells." Zayn cooed but Bella ignored him. The only thought on her mind was for Aria to live.

" Jared-"

" I already called him, he's on his way."

" No, Jared." 

She pointed to the frantic male that had been grilling nurses he had seen.

" Jared." Zayn called.

" Where is she?! Where's my wife?! She's okay right?! She has to be-"

" Jared calm down." Zayn instructed shaking him.

" I can't. Zayn I can't. I need to know she's okay, I need to be sure. I can't live without her, I-I-I-I need her." He breathed, his voice breaking towards the end.

" Jared, calm down." Elizabeth said placing a hand on his shoulder.

He looked up at his mother in-law and took in a deep breath to steady his breathing.

" I know you're worried, we all are, but you need to calm down, for Aria."

He nodded slowly and then proceeded to sit on the floor.

I shouldn't have gone.

I shouldn't have left her.

" She'll be fine." Zayn assured placing a hand on his shoulder.

" She has to be. I was so hurt and mad when I left, th-that can't be the last memory I have of us together. I can't-"

" Jared she'll be fine." Zayn assured.

A few hours later…

" Is she okay doctor?" Elizabeth questioned frantically.

" She'll be fine ma'am."

" How bad is it?" Jared asked quietly.

The doctor drew in a sharp breath.

" It depends on your definition of bad. She suffers from a mild concussion, the impact of the car bruised her left side, fractured her left arm and broke her left leg. She has a few cuts here and there from the broken glass."
" Her left side suffered the brunt of the injuries because that's the side the other car hit as she tried to manoeuvre. She'll heal rapidly, but her leg would take a while. She blacked out from shock; we gave a local anaesthesia incase she woke up during the procedure but she should be up in a day or two."

" Thank you." Zayn sighed.
" Can we see her?"

" Of course but only one person at a time."

" Thank you so much doctor." Elizabeth said.

" I'm just doing my job ma'am." The doctor replied. She threw them a sympathetic smile and walked off.

" I'll go in first." Elizabeth announced standing up.

Zayn was the next, then Bella, then, Ryan and finally Louis.

" Jared." Zayn called.

His head snapped up.

" You can go in now."

He drew in a shaky breath and stood up. He slowly opened the door of her room and went in. He clenched his jaw as he stared at her unconscious body lying on the bed. 

" I am so sorry." He breathed as he took a seat next to her; the room was silent except from the regular beeping of the heart rate monitor.

He held her hand and kissed her knuckles.

" I'm sorry for leaving you. I-I-I-…please wake up. I-I-I-I'm losing my mind. I can't live without you Aria. My life is a mess without you. I need you, more than you can ever imagine. Please wake up…I love you."

He brushed her hair back and kissed her forehead.

***
I'm back baby!💃💃
Halo!🤗,
So I'm back from my break 🤭, who missed me?
Here's an early update to help kickstart your new month, welcome to November!
Stay safe 😷.
Bye!!