36

" Mrs King why-"

" Aria."

" Okay, I apologize. Aria, why are you here?"

" Because my husband thinks I need help."

" Do you think you need help?" Dr Kim questioned.

" No."

" Let me rephrase that question; do you think you have a problem?"

" No I don't." Aria replied monotonously flicking the nonexistent dirt under her nails.

" Aria we are obviously not going to go far if you do not co-ooperate."

" Look I'm only here to appease my husband. You seem like a very nice lady and you're probably a good therapist but I'm fine, I do not need your help in anyway whatsoever."

Dr Kim raised her eyebrow and smiled.

" That's your opinion of me, would you like to hear what I think of you?"

" Jared's the one paying, and it's your time so…go on,"

" I think you're a lonely, self-centred woman who acts cold and unapproachable because she is scared to open up to people; you feel they might not like what they see if you do so. You crave love and affection but you're terrified of heartbreak and commitment. You're a prisoner of your mind."

Aria parted lips in shock, the doctor's opinion had been spot on.

Dr Kim smirked and raised an eyebrow.

" Spot on isn't it? I'm not the best for nothing. Aria your husband is right, you have a problem but I can only help you with it if you let me. Okay?"

She nodded in response.

" Let's start over shall we?, What do you think your problem is?"

" Apart from what you mentioned, I think I might be suffering from PTSD." Aria replied quietly.

" We're making progress." Dr Kim mused writing in her notepad.
" Can you tell me what happened?"

" The car that hit me switched lanes and I had tried to manoeuvre but I wasn't quick enough."

" Now is that what happened or is that what you were told?"

" I-I-I was told."

"Do you remember?"

" No."

" I want you to close your eyes, I'm going to say some words and I want you to say the first thing that comes mind when you hear them. Ready?"

She gulped and then nodded.

" Blue."

" Sky." She replied instantly.

" Food."

" Rice."

" Fan."

" Air."

" Car."

"…Blood…glass… hospital-"

" You can open your eyes now." Dr Kim stated, hands moving furiously on her notepad.

She snapped them open, her breathing heavier than usual.

" Have you been in car since the accident? Excluding today."

" Yes. Once."

" Where did you go?"

" The hospital for a check up."

" Who drove?"

" My husband, Jared."

" Were you ever afraid of driving? Before what happened?"

" I wasn't." She let out a shaky breath.
" But I am now."

" What runs through your mind when you enter the car?"

" I hear screaming, I feel the glass cutting me, I feel pain but yet…I feel nothing. I-"

" I think we're done for today. I got you to open up and that's a huge milestone." Dr Kim mused with a bright smile.
" But you're gonna do something for me, kind of like an assignment,"

She picked up a small notebook beside her and handed it over to Aria.

" I know you're not the best with expressing yourself but this is necessary. Whenever you have a nightmare or a panic attack, I want you to write down what triggered it, what you saw and what helped you calm yourself. Sounds easy but it can be quite difficult. Our session is over."

Aria turned around and began wheeling herself out of the room.

" Aria." Dr Kim called.

She paused.

" Don't be afraid to open up, you'd be shocked by how much more life can offer when you set yourself free. Have a nice day."

***
ಹಲೋ!🤗,
I've never actually attended a therapy session so I'm really hoping I got this right😅.
Stay safe 😷
Bye!!