22

" How may I help you?" Aria asked dryly as she opened the door of her room.

Even though they were living in the same house, they stayed in separate rooms. Aria had purposely chosen the room farthest from the master bedroom where Jared was in.

" Mum and dad just texted, they want us over for dinner, your parents are also going to be there."

" And if I refuse?"

" You don't have a choice. We leave in 30 minutes."

She rolled her eyes and slammed the door in his face.

She undressed and began searching for a dress to wear. She finally settled for a light blue halter neck dress. Feeling too tired to do anything, she decided to wear her hair in a low bun with a bare face.

" You ready?"

" Yeah..."

Her voice trailed off as she noticed his shirt was the exact same shade of blue as her dress.

" I gotta go change."

" Aria we don't have time. We're matching, big deal! It makes us look more like a real couple. Let's go."

***

" Aria! My favourite daughter in-law!"

Aria chuckled softly as she hugged Louis.

" Mum, she's your only daughter in-law."

" Hello Mrs King."

" How many times do I have to tell you?" Louis huffed in frustration.
" Call me mum."

" Okay but don't you think it will be a little bit confusing when my mum's around."

" We'll figure it out."
" Come on, everyone's already seated."

" Imade!"

" Ẹ ku'rọlẹ daddy(good evening daddy)."

" How are you?"

" Are you really asking that question? Can't you see that your daughter is practically glowing?" Elizabeth mused hugging her daughter.

" It's actually the other way around. Jared's the one glowing. Can't you see the huge grin on his face?" Ryan chipped in causing Jared to roll his eyes.

" They're both glowing, happy? Now let's focus on dinner." Louis stated as she placed the last casserole on the table.

" Wine?" Ryan offered.

" No thank you." Aria replied politely before taking a sip from her glass of water.

" Are you sure?"

" Yes, I don't feel like drinking tonight."

" Or maybe it's cause you're pregnant." Elizabeth mused with an amused smile; Aria choked on her drink and fell into a coughing fit.

" Easy." Jared drawled, gently patting her back.
" Do you need more water?"

She nodded whilst coughing.

" Here."

She greedily took the glass from him and downed it.

" Thank you."

" You're welcome, are you sure you're okay now?"

" Yeah."

He squeezed her hand lightly and smiled.

Their parents exchanged knowing smiles.

" Contrary to what you think mother, I am not pregnant. And I won't be getting pregnant anytime soon."

" You know what they say; the earlier, the better."

' Yeah right.' She thought sarcastically.

***

" How's dad's health? Is there any improvement?"

Elizabeth sighed.

" There has been no change. But nevertheless I'm still grateful. At least his health is not deteriorating."
" Imade don't worry about us-"

" I can't help it."

" Focus on your marriage."

She mentally rolled her eyes.

" We'll be fine."
" Good night."

She kissed her daughter's cheek.

"Good night Jared."

" Good night mum."

" Aria." Jared called as she went up the stairs.

She paused then spoke,

" You don't have to pretend you're sad when everything's working out for you."

" I can't be happy. My father in-law's not feeling too well. And you're sad and that makes me sad too. You're my wife and if you're not happy then I'm not happy."

She turned to face him.

" I don't need your sympathy King."

She continued her ascent then paused again

" And enjoy the privilege of calling me your wife while you can cause once my dad gets better...you'll be hearing from my lawyers."

***

Aloha!🤗,

Thank you so much for 300 reads.

Stay safe 😷.

Bye!!