57

" What the fuck are you doing here?" Jacob muttered as he descended the stairs.

Jared stumbled out of the kitchen and plopped down on the couch. He took a swing of his drink.

" Sorry."

" You haven't answered the damn question, what the fuck are you doing here? You should be home with your wife, doing God knows what!"

" I don't wanna go back there." Jared replied quietly.

" Why? What is wrong with you? Jared I-"

" She's fucking pregnant! That's what!"

" That's great news! Congratulations!"

" No! No! Not congratulations! Not congratulations!" He slurred shaking his head.

" What?! Jared, your wife is pregnant. How is that not good news?" Jacob sat down next to him and grabbed the bottle from his hand.

" Cause she's not supposed to be pregnant! We were careful! She was on pills! Why is she pregnant?!"

" Birth control pills aren't hundred percent effective. But why aren't you happy? I mean don't you want to start a family with her?"

" I don't know. We never discussed it."

" Jared, you've been in love with her for almost four years now and you're telling me that the idea of having a child or even children with Aria didn't cross your mind...at all?"

" I wanted her but I knew well enough that I couldn't have her. Thinking of starting a family with her?, That was just wishful thinking."

" Jared you got the woman of your dreams and now she's pregnant with your child! You should be over the moon! What's up?"

" I'm fucking scared Jake...I-I-I'm not ready to be a father."

" Does she know you're here?"

" No. I left immediately she told me."

" Jesus Christ! Jared you left your pregnant wife alone?!"

" I panicked."

Jacob sighed and pinched his nose.

" Give me your phone."

Jared did as he was told and handed the phone over to Jacob.

" Fuck!" The latter sighed.
" 21 missed calls. You're such a dickhead, King."

My ❤️: Baby where are you?

My ❤️: Jared please!

My❤️: Where are you?
My ❤️: Answer my calls.

My ❤️: Jared I'm sorry

My ❤️: Let's talk about this.

My ❤️: I didn't know I was pregnant I swear!
My ❤️: Jared.
My ❤️: I just want to know if you're safe.
My ❤️: Text me, please. You don't have to tell me where you are I just want to know you're safe.
My ❤️: I love you.

" You need to talk to her." Jacob reasoned.

" No."

" At least tell her you're safe. Jar, she's worried about you."

Jared sighed and took the phone from his best friend.

" Jared! Thank God! Where are you?! Are you okay?!"

" I'm fine."

" I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!"

" It's fine. Good night."

" Wow! What a warm phone call." Jacob said sarcastically.
" Just tell me that you already called someone to stay with her."

" I didn't!"

" Jared are you fucking dumb?! You left your wife alone?! Your pregnant wife!"

" Just fuck off Jacob."

***

Sveiki!🤗,

I'm back!

Did you miss me?🙃

This was a filler chapter but I promise you the next one will be longer.

Stay safe 😷.

Bye!!